Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'03 STS (RIP), '89 Eldorado, '13 Malibu, '89 Grand Wagoneer
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay... tell me about it. I've seen everyone praise it to high heaven but I'd like to know a little more. My seats are in good condition... although my boney ass seems to stretch and make wavy ripples in the center of the bottom cushion, at least that's the best way to describe it. The old trust bottle of meguires gold class cream seems to keep the seats soft and doesn't leave them greasy or shiny.

So anyway... the Leatherique is without doubt a tad bit expensive. So what can I expect if I pony up the cash. Exactly how much and what kind of difference will I see? Does anyone have an pictures of their results?

I want to keep this car for quite a while and would like to get the seats as soft and supple as humanly possible.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance
1,401 Posts
You get it in 2 bottles: the 1st one is the cleaner and the 2nd the conditioner. The 1st will penetrate your leather and bring all the toxins and other contaminents (likely put there complements of that Meguiar's stuff!) to the surface. The conditioner will leave your seats looking and feeling like a Rolls Royce leather wet dream.

Definitely worth every penny. Do it twice a year and you're golden. Just make sure you do it on the hottest day you can - and keep the windows rolled up while it does it's stuff - the hotter the day, the better!

Good luck.

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
Interesting this comes up. I was just thinking about that. I'm going to try it once I run out of Gary's products, which we don't really hear much about anymore do we?

·
Registered
'03 STS (RIP), '89 Eldorado, '13 Malibu, '89 Grand Wagoneer
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The conditioner will leave your seats looking and feeling like a Rolls Royce leather wet dream.
Those are.. more or less :) the exact words I was looking to hear. Not that Caddy uses deprecated cows or anything, to the contrary it's some of the nicest leather my derriere has sat in (compared to my Buick and Chryslers), but it just a little too much of a "manufactured/processed" feel to it. When people get into my Seville I want to be wowed when greeted with the softest, most supple leather imaginable... like those from the Connolly super-cows.

Summer's end is drawing near.. I guess I should put my order in.

Do I need that Prepping Agent, or should I just go with 16oz bottles of the oil and the pristine clean? They seem to have some special with the two of those for like $35.

·
Registered
1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance
1,401 Posts
get the 2 bottle package deal - that's really all you need to do, amgoff.

and codewise, you're absolutely right about Gary and his product line. I am assuming it is still a going venture, but since he sold it off, we don't hear about it anymore.

At all.

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
I really like Gary's exterior products. They work great and they're easy to use.

The leather product, well I don't really know. I guess the cleaner works well but since I don't know much about it I can't speak for the conditioner. I will say the leather gets dirty [pretty darn quickly, which I wouldn't expect with a good conditioner / protectant.

I'll order the Leatherique next time around.

get the 2 bottle package deal - that's really all you need to do, amgoff.

and codewise, you're absolutely right about Gary and his product line. I am assuming it is still a going venture, but since he sold it off, we don't hear about it anymore.

At all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts