Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen the leatherette interior yet, particularly in grey? I checked out a full-spec CTS today, and while it was very nice, the smooth leather seemed a bit thin. There was already wear on the seat bottoms.

BMW and Mercedes do a great job with leatherette. We have a C280 in the garage right now, and the 'ette is nicely grained, matte-finished, soft to the touch, perforated, and durable. If Cadillac offers a similar leatherette, I'd definitely take it.

Pics would be great!

·
Registered
Cadillac
11 Posts
Gosh, that's a great question! I automatically assumed leather was the way to go and never even considered leatherette.

I wonder, however, if leatherette is incompatible with the luxury pkg options. They all add the Y44 Seating Package which includes "leather seating surfaces". The question becomes does Y44 totally override leatherette or does one get a combination. Anyone know?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm only looking at the Summer Tire Performance Pack (3.6 DI) and spare tire, so it works okay for me. Interestingly, on the non-DIs, the All-Season (only one available) Performance Pack requires the Seating Package.

·
Registered
2008 CTS AWD FE2 DI 304hp
746 Posts
I ordered the black leatherette..as my tushy doesn't care.. ;)

all kidding aside..I did check out the leatherette on the 07 CTS and compared it to the leather again in an 07 CTS .. Both my wife and I couldn't tell the difference. Leatherette is usually indestructible.. (kid)

I'm sure the leather in the 2008 is the nicer of the two as it is quite soft..

Doubt I'll ever need to but I'm sure it'll be available in the aftermarket.

18 inch rims, 300 hp motor.. six speed automatic, all wheel drive and the sports brakes and FE 2 suspension. Thats what I ordered up.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,974 Posts
I can't imagine anybody choosing pickup truck and taxicab upholstery over premium leather. To each his own. I have to admit that puke cleans up easier on plastic.

·
Registered
746 Posts
More mercedes and Bimmers are sold with the man made material (as you mention taxicab and pickup truck interiors) than you might imagine..

·
Registered
746 Posts
More mercedes and Bimmers are sold in the United States with the man made material (as you mention taxicab and pickup truck interiors) than you might imagine..

·
Registered
27 Posts
The leatherette seats also do not have adjustable lumbar, heat, or venting available on them. Another key change is that the leatherette seats are not perforated; the leather seats are. This lack of perforation may cause your back to get a bit more hot and sticky than the leather jobs. I'm driving a 2008 CTS with leatherette right now. It is grained and low gloss, and hard to tell apart from the leather jobs...except for the lack of perforations...and the chvrons are deleted from the seatback, too.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Whats a chvrons as they are deleted from the seatback?

I would appreciate hearing what a chvrons is?

Would I be correct in guessing you regret having a 2007 CTS with leatherette as opposed to leather?

Too late for me because I already ordered.. but others might appreciate your insight.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sorry..I typoed it. I meant to say "chevron"...the chrome "v" on the seatback at about shoulder blade height.
I don't have a 2007, I have a 2008. I kinda had to take what came in, and the unit had the leatherette. I think I'll miss the heated seats more than anything.......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts