Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The crack in my armrest is getting larger. I'm too cheap to bring it to the upholstery shop so my options are:

Red fabric repair tape:)

Liquid Leather repair:D

The tape will look like hell.

The Liquid Leather works great on TV but I've never tried it.

Any comments or suggestions?

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Save your money and get it done right... You could try all that "instant fix" crap and not get anywhere, and probably mess it up so bad it will need to be replaced anyway....... Do it right the first time!!!

If its a random crack, and its not too big, you could give that liquid leather a try, but matching it exactly to your color would be slim to none!!! If its on a seam, you could take it to a trim shop, and for a few $$ they could sew it up for you!!!!

·
Banned
701 Posts
Give Leathermagic.com a look see. They have repair kits and the dye is an exact color match. I used it on a hardtop I bought for my Caddy, and with the re paint and dye you would be hard pressed to tell it didn't come that way.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Allante North * said:
Give Leathermagic.com a look see. They have repair kits and the dye is an exact color match. I used it on a hardtop I bought for my Caddy, and with the re paint and dye you would be hard pressed to tell it didn't come that way.
I just ordered the standard kit. I'll let you know how it turns out:)

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Post before/after pictures!! I have some spots I could touch up on the Q......

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Re: similar prob

It doesnt look like its sewn, but I bet it is... They fold it in and then sew it on the inside, so you cant see the stitches.....

I would take it to a trim shop and see what they can do WITHOUT replacing the leather!

Chances are, if they need to sew it together, you will need to douse it with leather moisturizer in order to keep it from splitting again!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
elwesso