Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my cute little dog dug up my driver's seat last week I think in reliation for getting him a stupid haircut. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any experience with what it's like to get this kind of thing repaired, what it might cost, or if there are any options for me to do it myself.

Cosmetic repairs are pretty low on my prioriy list since I'm a starving student, but those car seat covers are Auto Zone are really awful! The hole is about 8"x8" I'm guessing.

Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I had a simular problem like that but instead of paying a load of money to get it redone or replaced i took it up to my work and had one of the shop techs recover the seat..cost me $25 plus material...i work at raymour and flanigan so those guys do that stuff all day long..

sorry i know this didn't help any. hopefully someone else has some help for ya

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
You can get single panels replaced at a trim shop really cheap (relatively speaking), and it should cost around $100 to get it done right with new leather or vinyl.....

IF your cheap, you might search google for prefitted seat covers..... But personally I like the leather better.

·
Registered
520 Posts
jzapert said:
So my cute little dog dug up my driver's seat last week I think in reliation for getting him a stupid haircut. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any experience with what it's like to get this kind of thing repaired, what it might cost, or if there are any options for me to do it myself.

Cosmetic repairs are pretty low on my prioriy list since I'm a starving student, but those car seat covers are Auto Zone are really awful! The hole is about 8"x8" I'm guessing.

Thanks for any advice!
I just got an estimate to re-pad and replace the center seat base panel (the flat part you actually sit on) in my Eldorado. $130 + tax. That's really not too bad and this is at a reputable shop. You should be pretty close to that. Now for the funny part.
Seat panel repair- $125
Trimming dog's nails- $25
Not sitting on a seat spring--------------PRICELESS !!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info -- I don't know where you're getting your dog's nails trimmed, but $25 sounds pretty high to me!

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
well 25 is alot better than 125..hehe. I need to get my driver seat redone, but i might just wait till i get some STS bucket seats :coolgleam

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hilarious. Unfortunately a nail trim wouldn't have helped... the seat was already cracking. He would've never gotten through leather in decent condition (you should see him go at the other seats). I'm gonna just have to figure out how to train him not to do that. ;-)

·
Registered
520 Posts
jzapert said:
Hilarious. Unfortunately a nail trim wouldn't have helped... the seat was already cracking. He would've never gotten through leather in decent condition (you should see him go at the other seats). I'm gonna just have to figure out how to train him not to do that. ;-)
Sorry, I was just trying to lighten the mood. I had that happen to the center console in my 87 Eldo. In that case though the dog was worth more than the car. He was at least much more reliable.
Bob

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well between grooming, the vet, and everything else, what's another $100 to throw on the dog pile, right? ;-)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts