Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While my seats are perfect otherwise, they do suffer from creases here and there from 9 years of use. No fading, scuffs, or otherwise.

My question: Does anyone know of anyway to smooth out the creases? Steam? Anyone every cared to try?

Thanks,

Phil

·
Registered
2010 Black Cherry CTS AWD
263 Posts
Mink oil... I've never heard of that before, I'll have to look for it. I like to use products from Blue Magic for this. I use the cleaner and conditioner. They're both tan bottles but one has a green trigger handle and the other is orange (I think). Barely open the nozzle so it makes a spray, any more than that and it will come out in a stream. To wipe, I only use micro fiber towels on my car.
-Mac

·
Registered
2010 Black Cherry CTS AWD
263 Posts
Ah, never would have guessed that, does it work good.
-Mac

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
17 Posts
Bringing an old thread back to life. I have the leather seats in my Cadillac shown below. Here in 2010 what is the best product to protect the seats from markups and help smoothen the wrinkles, along with cleaning them. Your advice is appreciated.

Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,231 Posts
Nothing is going to help with the wrinkles. Women have been searching for that cure for decades.

·
-Administrator-
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
66,855 Posts
You might want to move this down to General Cadillac Discussion, Detailing and Appearance.

Much, much more in there concerning leather care.

Me, I like Neat's Foot Oil and saddle soap.

·
Registered
99 STS, White Diamond
792 Posts
Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil is an exceptional product. It will remove the ground-in dirt from the creases and while you will still see a color difference, the leather will be much smoother and many creases will disappear. You essential massage in the oil with your hands, let sit for quite some time then use a gentle cleaning product to remove the grime. The oil is soaked into the leather which forces out the dirt. Best applied on a hot day when you close the windows, leave in the sun and let it "cook".

I've used the Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil on weak, dry, brittle book covers and it genuinely does restore strength and flexibility.

Once thoroughly clean, there are some decent dye-like paint (or is that paint-like dye) products that will have the leather looking like new with a reasonablly well-wearing finish.

·
Registered
1998 Eldorado ETC
20 Posts
To begin with, use a white towel with 409 cleaner and scrub seats, etc. Then use Mothers Leather restorer, don't skimp on the amount using. Do this once a week for three weeks, by then the leather should soften, and the wrinkles will fade away.

·
Registered
none
25 Posts
My 3.6 is only 6 weeks old. I wiped down the seats with a microfiber cloth and a very diluted mixture of Lexol leather cleaner and distilled water. Wiped them down after with just a cloth and water.I let it it dry for an hour and then applied Lexol coditioner as per their directions. I'll do this every 4 months.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts