Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
02 STS
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02STS i bought it 6 months ago i have been keeping up with the leather using mothers leather cleaner and conditioner but noticed the driver seat is begining to fade and crack a bit has this happened to anyone else and how did u handle it and what can be done any advice will be very appreciated thanks.:hmm:

·
Registered
108 Posts
The leatherique stuff is great - the cleaning process is a bit odd (apply stuff, cover seats with plastic bags, sit in sun) but it's like those facial mask commercials on TV where the gals pull all that stuff out of their pores - does the same thing for your seats! I used it following the advice of a friend who owns a jag - who's very anal about car care - and was astonished at the results -

If you're going for the dye / color match I'd still test it on an unobtrusive bit of leather before going for the full monte - I just used the cleaner / conditioner (not suffering from fade - yet)

Steve

·
Registered
2008 SRX-V8, 1991 Eldorado
1,543 Posts
madooch said:
I have an 02STS i bought it 6 months ago i have been keeping up with the leather using mothers leather cleaner and conditioner but noticed the driver seat is begining to fade and crack a bit has this happened to anyone else and how did u handle it and what can be done any advice will be very appreciated thanks.:hmm:
I've written about how to recondition leather in other posts in this forum.

Leather conditioners are good for good leather, not faded nor worn leather. Nothing will take away the petina that leather gets with time, but you can still make it look, good with dye and conditioner!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts