Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '13 sedan lease will be up in several months (6). I am leased through Ally. The car is in mint condition except for a few paint chips on the hood like the size of a ball point pen tip.
It has 14500K on the clock. This is my first lease turn in and was wondering how the procedure works. I have extras built into the lease like damage on up to 2500. How bad does Ally
beat you up on the turn it? Any tips I plan on a full detail before the turn in. Do you just show up and hand the dealer the keys and walk away and wait for the final word?

·
Registered
2012 CTSV coupe
1,585 Posts
Tip... buy the car and then sell it. If you dont want to keep it. Its worth more than you are turning it in for.

·
Registered
98' Eldorado ESC
740 Posts
Get a quote from carmax and see what they offer, if they offer more buy the car then the next day (after you had some fun ;) ) sell it to carmax for more.

·
Registered
CTS-V (Black 2014), CTS-V (Red obsession 2014)
776 Posts
My '13 sedan lease will be up in several months (6). I am leased through Ally. The car is in mint condition except for a few paint chips on the hood like the size of a ball point pen tip.
It has 14500K on the clock. This is my first lease turn in and was wondering how the procedure works. I have extras built into the lease like damage on up to 2500. How bad does Ally
beat you up on the turn it? Any tips I plan on a full detail before the turn in. Do you just show up and hand the dealer the keys and walk away and wait for the final word?
My leases are 24 months and 70,000 miles (total). This is my work car, so there are no kids or food in the interior. My front end (spoiler, bumper and hood) is well sandblasted with hundreds of rock chips (after 70K). Other than that, my paint is "clean" with no scrathes, dents, or dings. So you can see it was a commuter car, but it was reasonable well taken care of.
To turn it in, I just make sure I have 4 good tires on it, have the oil changed (so fresh oil is in it), and run it through the $21.00 full service car wash. Nothing more. This turn in process has worked fine for me on 3 different CTS-V's, and I will be turning in my 4th next month.
Based on the description of your car I would say: don't detail, or fix the paint chips. This is part of the normal reconditioning process a lease car will go through. The big deal is the tires. You will be backcharged if they have to put new tires on it, and they mark them up far higher than tire rack sells them for.

Edit: If you are buying or leasing another car from the dealer where you turn it it, they can be even friendlier. Some will even repair dent at no charge if they are keeping you as a customer.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,184 Posts
Edit: If you are buying or leasing another car from the dealer where you turn it it, they can be even friendlier. Some will even repair dent at no charge if they are keeping you as a customer.
Good point.

If you are planning on leasing another car, I have good information on how a lease works and helpful information. If you want it, just PM me with your personal email so I can send the Word Document to you.

·
Registered
2013 CTS-V wagon M6, 2011 GMC Sierra CCSB 6.2L, 2004 GTO
371 Posts
gm sends you stuff in the mail about the lease return, and what you need to do to turn it in without penalty, did you not read that info?

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V Past: 06 STS-V Allante, 05 V8 STS 05 CTS-V 08 CTS 06 CTS
321 Posts
What is the buyout after the lease is over I may want to purchase?

·
Registered
2014 SRX Performance, 2013 CTS-V
501 Posts
I bought my 2013, sedan, 6 speed manual, recaros, suede and wood options, plus new tires, after it came off a 2 year lease. I got it for a good price, with the CPO warranty. It had been many years since I bought anything but a new car, so this was a new experience for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts