Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, I have been on and off wanting an Escalade for a few years now. I don't think i want to outright purchase one since Ive always been so iffy and get bored with cars kind of quickly so I am currently considering a lease. So I would like to know what i could expect to pay for one, by finding out what you all pay.

Could you guys post up some lease terms. I am interested in all styles. But especially the EXT.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
That is why I do purchase them outright, so I can get rid of it if I don't like it, I leased 25 years ago and if you want out early you pay for it. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:) I debate lease-vs-purchase with people all the time.
Purchasing outright always "sounds" good until you realize you just financed in depreciation and tax ttl for the full purchase price (on a vehicle you don't plan to keep for long) vs only paying a monthly fee and paying tax on that monthly fee for the amount of time you use the vehicle. Ideally a good lease would equal just a small amount over depreciation.

P.S.: Does anyone know how true it is that there will not be a new generation 2014+ EXT????

·
Registered
2012 Escalade
511 Posts
Cash is king.

Otherwise, I guess it would depend on if you take out a line of credit, which may yield you a better percentage... Did you try just using the online payment estimator on gm?

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
InnovationPlus said:
Hello Everyone, I have been on and off wanting an Escalade for a few years now. I don't think i want to outright purchase one since Ive always been so iffy and get bored with cars kind of quickly so I am currently considering a lease. So I would like to know what i could expect to pay for one, by finding out what you all pay.

Could you guys post up some lease terms. I am interested in all styles. But especially the EXT.
If you have the cash ( of course most people do not have $80,000 liquid hanging around ) buy outright only if you think you will keep for 4 plus years. Otherwise leasing makes great sense but unfortunately the lease numbers are surprisingly high. Expect to pay in the high $900 per with a $5k down payment plus all other fees and taxes. All out of pocket approx $7,500 ish. I'm doing off the top of my head but you should go to Cadillac website as they have a lease calculator there

PS- if you drive high mileage forget the lease

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac Escalade Base
380 Posts
Found my 2007 online for sale, has just over 100,000 miles which didn't bother me much. Seller was asking $20,000.. I got in touch with my local credit union i've had previous auto loans through and worked out a $15,000 loan through them at $312 a month. So after putting $5,000 down I can't really complain about my monthly payments at around 6% interest. After 5 years I will own it but i'm sure after 3 years I will be tired of it, pay it off and sell it for something else.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade
511 Posts
I think ultimately you are right... And there are a couple of good examples here. If you plan ten plus years ownership, buy dont lease. If you want a new car every 2 or 3, lease might be the way to go and you can always buy it out if you love it.

----------

By the way DG, the blue esky you have is an excelent blue...... Never seen it until i saw your ride.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cash is king... Did you try just using the online payment estimator on gm?
I have used online payment calculators before, and have found out that they are not very representative of what typical payments are.
PS- if you drive high mileage forget the lease
I am usually a low mileage driver.... i actually only do about 10k per year... but would only do a 15k lease... so i would have lots of wiggle room.

I think ultimately you are right... And there are a couple of good examples here. If you plan ten plus years ownership, buy dont lease. If you want a new car every 2 or 3, lease might be the way to go and you can always buy it out if you love it.
I am one of those people that wants something new every few years. dont think I would want to by a new car thats at the end of its life cycle....

will there be any other luxury SUT... that will be offered in the EXT place.... Its doesnt seem like a good thing on GMs part to get rid of the EXT. its really the only truck of its kind on the market.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
sdgc said:

----------

By the way DG, the blue esky you have is an excelent blue...... Never seen it until i saw your ride.
Thank you. I was very lucky to order one of the last Blue Frost Escalades made. I have never received so many compliments in my life when driving or parking this Caddy. Adds to the fun !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
still nobody post any lease terms??

or is this forum the land of ballers where no one leases (or will openly say they do).

any other well known forums where this question should be posted for more feedback?

·
Registered
2012 Escalade
511 Posts
Your best bet is to ask the dealer or bank you would like to use...i can gurantee there is some people on this site paying 500 a month and some up to 1500 per month and some just paid cash.... depends on term, rate, your credit history, etc. Maybe some on here are not comfortable announcing what they pay per month and don't want to be judged. We are all in different situations and its a question that has no merit to it as it is like asking someone else what they make per year not knowing if they have 20 years experience or 1 day.

Im not trying to be a dink, just saying how i see it.

Cheers

·
Registered
Porsche Cayenne Diesel, Porsche 997 Carrera S, VW Passat SE
595 Posts
Paying Cash for a vehicle that you can get Low % APR on seems rather dumb. Just my opinion. I got 0% APR for 60 months on my ESV. Cadillac is doing 1.9% on 2013 models now.
Go to cadillac.com and click on "current offers" and select your zip and car . They change all the time and depends on the vehicle (trim level, AWD, 2WD), region, money down, length of term, etc). There are just so many variables.

·
Registered
2013 SRX Premium & 2013 Lexus GS F Sport
3 Posts
Purchased back in September of 2011 for $52,000 after taxes and warranty at 1.9% for 72mo. Payment is around $750

·
Registered
2012 Platinum Escalade
17 Posts

or is this forum the land of ballers where no one leases (or will openly say they do).

any other well known forums where this question should be posted for more feedback?
I have a 2012 platinum fully loaded sticker 85k. lease payment $945 -15,000 miles per year and 3 year lease. I traded my rover in and after they paid it off I think 9k went for down payment. Its hard to tell if i got a good deal but it felt like it at the time and thats whats most important to me. They gave me 7k more for my rover than land rover would. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
'18 Escalade Platinum
924 Posts

It isn't as easy as just posting payment and term. There are too many variables involved and lease incentives can change drastically from month to month.

At the time I leased, Cadillac had many special programs in place: low money factor (interest rate), no money down, no first payment, no security deposit, owner loyalty rebate, repeat lessee rebate, very optimistic residual values, amongst others. Your own credit history, as well as prior leasing experience must be factored in as well. And as a repeat lessee, I can't/don't support down payments either. Its my personal preference, but in a leasing situation you shouldn't write the dealer a check for any more than first months payment, tax, and tag.

Having looked at the current incentives available, and considering I'm 2 years into a 3 year lease, my payment is close to what a GMC Yukon Denali is leasing for today.

Also, with a new Escalade imminent, I would expect lease rates to be rather high owing to much lower residuals since a new one will be available when these begin to come off lease.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts