Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 cts
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i take my car to work and put it on a lift to investigate the rattle from the left suspension over bumps. I find the other strut is leaking and there is oil on the diff. and the valve cover has seepage too. cant even get 40,000 worry free miles.

Attachments

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
What year is it?
Its hard to see the pics I'm on my blackberry but I had the diff seals replaced on mine for a small leak and the rocker cover gasket on passenger side...dealer wouldn't do driver side last summer which is now starting to leak and I'm on the hook for.
Mine is 03

·
Registered
CTS 03
1,765 Posts
You can tighten those valve covers and the leaking will probably stop. For the suspension rattle, check the bushings on the stabilizer bar or the Tie rods.

If you do nothing, eventully all the oil will leak out and the leak will stop:yup:

·
Registered
2005 cts
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its a 2005 3.6 wit 38000. Its not certified :eek: and i will find out if my exlusionary warranty is worth what i paid

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
has anyone had any success with oil additives to stop/slow a leak? i tried a product called No-Smoke in my civic about 7 years ago, it seemed to help ...slightly...but i ended up just swapping the motor anyway...it was drinking as much oil as it was gas lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts