1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
CTS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have one problem.

Today I found that some fluid leak somewhere from space near transmission. It looks like water, but I am not sure. This is not directly from transmission, it looks, that problem is somewhere above transmission - maybe some pipe. Somebody told me, that this is condensation water from air condition system. Is it possible?

note: water leaking approx 30 min after stop car an during driving.

Do you have any experiences with it. Could you give me some advice, please.

For better imagination, please see picture:
http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/1880/leak.jpg

THANK YOU for some answers
jezekm

·
Registered
CTS 03
1,765 Posts
I opened the picture but can't seem to see the water. If the water is clear, it's probable condensation. If the water is orange, it could be from the cooling system. Try hitting the A/C OFF button, that lets you have air flow without running the compressor, and drive the car for a day or two. If the leak stops, it is the condensation.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Your car probably has one of those new-fangled salt water to fresh water conversion kits mistakenly attached to it. These devices were intended for the US Navy, and some apparently were misappropriated.

I recommend that you keep a clean cup handy. Whenever you get thirsty, fill up that cup under your vehicle. Heck, if your car starts making gallons and gallons of that water, you might be able to sell it.

All I know is: there ain't no water in the tranny. As other member posted, it is condensation. Water on pavement will bubble up. Gasoline or oil will lie flat.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Halogen blinker fluid or regular? Not 100% sure, but federal law prohibits halogen manufacturers from selling units that leak fluid. On the other hand, I have not been able to identify any state or federal laws that regulate the loss of regular head light fluid unless those`specific units came with thermal capacitors. I recommend that OP check his lights for any state or federal stickers discussing this.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,814 Posts
You guys are mean to him. Have you ever thought that this CTS is his first car that has a/c in it????? Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if he starts asking why his steering wheel is so easy to turn....

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
It is normal.
The condensation drain for the a/c system is directly above the transmission and slightly left of center.
It will actually drip onto the transmission and then down the side near the shift linkage.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
You guys are mean to him. Have you ever thought that this CTS is his first car that has a/c in it????? Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if he starts asking why his steering wheel is so easy to turn....
All part of the initiation here. He just seemed so easy to beat up. Besides, this is the only fun I get in life--aside from driving my CTS. (Admins will love that.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts