Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 4 weeks ago I had my ac compressor replaced. Well around this time last week, I noticed that my floor mats on both the drivers side and passengers were SOAKED with water. I couldnt exactly pinpoint the source of this water, but its coming from under the console (@ the very bottom, below the ash tray). Apparently it only leaks when the ac runs, and the water thats leaking out is VERY cold.
I know someone @ the local dealer that fixes caddy's when he's "off the clock" for a considerable cheaper price. He replaced my compressor, and claims that this problem isn't related to the compressor (my common sense tells me differently). Anyhow, he wants another $200 to stop this leak. Any advice? Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just called around, and the general consenus is a clogged condensation something.
Its no where near $200 to fix, Apparently this guy is trying to screw me over.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,973 Posts
Sounds like a clogged condensate drain under the HVAC box on the firewall.

·
Registered
99 Seville STS, 08 STS4 N* 1SG F55
3,516 Posts
The problem may take 2 minutes to fix but three hours of disassembly of the dash to get to it. Although since I've never dealt with that problem I don't know for sure. But if I wanted to charge you $200 that's the story I'd use.

·
Registered
Cadillac Deville 1990
266 Posts
This sounds like a heater core problem. I had my bust a while back on my Caddy and actually on two other cars and this happens where your water is leaking inside the car.

Like chubbyranger said this will take 2 minutes to fix and 3 hour to pull parts but actually it is not that long. The part ran me $60 with a lifetime warranty at autozone but I would not go buy it until you can identified the real issue. Run the car and look under your dash to see where the leak is coming from then make sure you replace the correct part but I would say it is your heater core.

I did get a price quote from a mechanic before I did this and he also told me around $270 to $300 for this so you can only imagine how surprised I was to find out the part was $60 and the rest is labor.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,973 Posts
If it was a heater core, he'd have coolant, not water on the floor, steamy windows and eventually a low coolant message. My money is still on the drain.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts