Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
'95 STS
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 95 cadillac sts got backed into the other day. It ran fine for a while afterwards, the only damage was the hood locking mechanism being stuffed into the radiator. A few weeks later while coming back to my car after an hour drive, there is a big puddle of coolant.. it doesnt seem to be leaking when the car is moving, but I am unable to tell..
I replaced the water pump a couple years ago so i doubt that is the issue.
I have a cheap mechanic about 60 miles away and would save a large amount of money if I took it to him.. how much of a roll of the dice is it to keep her full of coolant and drive the 60 miles?

·
Registered
2005 White Diamond STS N* 1SF RWD ACC/HUD
2,052 Posts
Is the puddle under the car about where the coolant tank is? These tanks are known to crack with age and only drip when under pressure. You should be okay to fill the tank to the line and drive to get a pressure test done to find the leak.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,543 Posts
how much of a roll of the dice is it to keep her full of coolant and drive the 60 miles?
Just bring a jug of premixed coolant with you. If you get a CHECK COOLANT message, pull over and let it cool. Top it off and continue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts