Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realized a few drops of ATF oil on the garagefloor, so i had a quick look today.

First i thought it is only the PS pump. But it seems there are two different leaks. One seems to be the PS pump/reservoir. The other leaks might be a hair crack in the hardline that connects the transmission to the tranny oil cooler in the front of the car. I cleaned the line, started the car and the line leaked ATF imediately... What a PITA. That car leaks like an old wooden barrel...

Here a few pics. Hope you guys can give me some help in fixing.

The leaking PS pump/reservoir:

PS pump from below:

ATF from PS pump dripping on the PS box and from there on the floor?

The leaking tranny line:

Here the same line that runs from the tranny to the cooler in the front after i cleaned it with brakecleaner and had the car run a minute. ATF appears trough the rusted through hardline:

The hardline rusted through at the point where the two lines where fixed together with a double plastic retainer.

Now the questions:

Anybody replaced that complete line that runs from the tranny to the cooler? It seems to be quite long with a few rubber lines in between and a few sections hard lined.

Looks like the PS pump is leaking also. Anybody replaced that piece of rusty trash? Any help in doing those two repair projects are appreciated!

Thanks and have a great day!

Jochen

·
Registered
Escalade
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

New PS Pump and PS hardlines. It took me two days to install the tranny to tranny cooler lines, PS Pump and PS hardlines...

No more leak now... so far ;-)

I really hope Cadillac will address those corrosion issues on the new, 2015++ Escalade. If the new generation Escalade is dealing with the same problems, i might stay away from it... This truck and its frame has just too much rust and corrosion! My 1997 C5 Corvette has a zink coated frame and shows no rust at all....

Jochen

1 - 3 of 3 Posts