Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2015 escalade premium
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
overall it looks good,

extra few inches added from the current generation made it look porky from the side.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade ESV Premium
82 Posts
Thanks for sharing.
Not a fan of the headlights as they look like everybody else's "cat's eyes". I do like the grill though. I would love to see the rear as that's the least favorite part of the current Escalade- the long brake lights just remind me of old Volvos.

·
Registered
2018 Escalade ESV Platinum
275 Posts
Agreed about the headlights, I was afraid they'd go with that look and make it look very similar to 'lesser' Cadillac models. May just be me but while the front end does say "I'm a new Cadillac" because of the design language, it no longer stands out as saying "I'm an Escalade" like the previous generation did. From the front, it just looks like a larger XT6...

I was on the fence about keeping my 2018 longer than I usually keep my vehicles; get new tires in another year, add an extended warranty. I'm pretty sure that now I will be, I'm just not blown away enough to be willing to deal with the issues and dealership visits that will be required buying the first and even second year of this new generation.

·
Registered
09 cadillac cts4 09 yukon Denali
194 Posts
Will they offer awd in the new escalade? I don't like they took it out of denali and escalade know you have to manually put in in 4x4. Just like most every other Yukon Tahoe.
I don't understand,that was one of the great feature they had that the tahoe and Yukon do not.

·
Registered
2016 Escalade ESV, 2017 GMC Sierra 6.2
1,465 Posts
I agree. I don’t like the squinty headlights on the Escalade. They are okish on the other Cadillacs.
I saw a YouTube video on the Suburban and Tahoe. Looks like some nice stuff coming for the Escalade. The whole vehicle is longer allowing more 2nd and 3rd row leg room. The independent rear suspension is allowing the 3rd row floor to be lower and the 3rd row seating looks VERY usable by adults now. Also the storage area behind the 3rd row looks flat (people complained about the slanted storage).
The big floppy gear shift lever is gone in favor of push button transmission shifting. Big 12 inch headrest screens for the 2nd row kiddos.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Will they offer awd in the new escalade? I don't like they took it out of denali and escalade know you have to manually put in in 4x4. Just like most every other Yukon Tahoe.
I don't understand,that was one of the great feature they had that the tahoe and Yukon do not.
I love selectable 4wd! The former Escalade AWD system really really sucked anyways. The ‘15 up is is a true 4wd that puts the power to the ground. The old system was an open diff transfer case that used the brakes to slow down a slipping tire so the power transferred to the other tires.
The new system allows 2wd operation for better fuel economy, less wear and tear, and quieter operation. Way better.

·
Registered
09 cadillac cts4 09 yukon Denali
194 Posts
I love selectable 4wd! The former Escalade AWD system really really sucked anyways. The ‘15 up is is a true 4wd that puts the power to the ground. The old system was an open diff transfer case that used the brakes to slow down a slipping tire so the power transferred to the other tires.
The new system allows 2wd operation for better fuel economy, less wear and tear, and quieter operation. Way better.
I like it looked in awd for my wife. She got or last 07 tahoe stuck pretty good. When i went to pull her out, i noticed it was never put it in 4x4 our auto 4x4.
I locked it in and climbed out with little problem.
I think it be safe for some people to have awd with no button in some cases. I like my 09 Denali with awd no button. i live in northern mn 6 months of the year most roads are covered in ice. It does good for me i thought it was the same as being in auto 4x4
Is it same transfer case and front axle as my 07? i thought the only difference was no 4x4 actuator

·
Registered
275 Posts
The whole vehicle is longer allowing more 2nd and 3rd row leg room.
Is that just the 'standard' Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade that'll increase in length or is the Suburban/YukonXL/Escalade ESV also increasing in length? If you've seen this info of course, I didn't keep track of the Chevy releases last night. I saw pics and while the rear headrest screens because of the availability of a large sunroof looked nice, the dash was unimpressive as was the look of the rear, too much Ford Explorer for me.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Now we just need a pic from the back. Interior looks better than the exterior, looks like still no thigh extension built into the seats which amazes me. A Volvo XC90 for considerably less offers it. Glad to see they did add a screen to the left of the instrument cluster like in the Escala concept. I still wish they’d have made the front end stand out more as an Escalade and not just made it look like a larger XT6.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Is that just the 'standard' Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade that'll increase in length or is the Suburban/YukonXL/Escalade ESV also increasing in length? If you've seen this info of course, I didn't keep track of the Chevy releases last night. I saw pics and while the rear headrest screens because of the availability of a large sunroof looked nice, the dash was unimpressive as was the look of the rear, too much Ford Explorer for me.
When they mentioned the increased length, they were showing the Suburban so I don’t know if the Tahoe was lengthened also.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Is it same transfer case and front axle as my 07? i thought the only difference was no 4x4 actuator
The old AWD and the current selectable 4wd have different t/cases and front axles. Very similar external but internally they are different. The AWD tcase just has a chain and an open differential planetary gear set. The selectable 4wd has a clutch and gearing for high and low.
The AWD front differential is always engage/locked. The 4wd front differential unhooks the RF axle.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Now we just need a pic from the back. Interior looks better than the exterior, looks like still no thigh extension built into the seats which amazes me. A Volvo XC90 for considerably less offers it. Glad to see they did add a screen to the left of the instrument cluster like in the Escala concept. I still wish they’d have made the front end stand out more as an Escalade and not just made it look like a larger XT6.
I do wonder how the backside looks on new gen,
But from what I read it’s a lot like current gen with lights looking more integrated with the body..
Overall outer design kind of disappoints me but interior seems to be the killer part.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Agreed about the headlights, I was afraid they'd go with that look and make it look very similar to 'lesser' Cadillac models. May just be me but while the front end does say "I'm a new Cadillac" because of the design language, it no longer stands out as saying "I'm an Escalade" like the previous generation did. From the front, it just looks like a larger XT6...

I was on the fence about keeping my 2018 longer than I usually keep my vehicles; get new tires in another year, add an extended warranty. I'm pretty sure that now I will be, I'm just not blown away enough to be willing to deal with the issues and dealership visits that will be required buying the first and even second year of this new generation.
I been a first year buyer of current gen back in April 2014.
It was nothing but a nightmare at the time.

be so much better on second or even 3rd model year just to be safe

·
Registered
7 Posts
Regular length extended by 4-5 inches and long version is extended by 1 inch from what I read.

3rd row leg room is a lot better on short version now.

I do agree on side profile and back of the Tahoe looks a lot like current Ford Expedition.

·
Registered
CT6 & Escalade
239 Posts
Hmmm... The truck looks a little underwhelming, eh?
Not terrible. Not ugly. But... A little XT4ish?

I hope that with some really nice wheels; in black; polished up; with retractable running boards; and perhaps a special grille for a higher trim (more chrome/shine/mesh/etc), maybe it will be a winner.

It's also a grainy picture. Sitting in the driveway all clean, it may look alright.

It almost looks dated already! That grille was exciting last year when it first came out. I almost feel like it needs a refresh!

And as for the side? Boring!

But I still want one!

1 - 20 of 79 Posts