Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
Uh, you're going to have to give us a little more to go on than that.

Smoke?

Steam?

Color?

Smell?

Do you see any drips?

Are you low on any fluids?

Can't quite tell what those hoses are. Trans cooler lines?

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,781 Posts
Re: leak??

Another picture with a little more real estate would be a big help in determining what we are looking at.

·
Registered
deville 92
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

some steam not a lot but it smell like it was burnt or something .I'm going to check the fluids rite now and see if Ican get a better pic

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
Well if it was steam, it was coolant, and would smell sweet. Burning oil (and other lubricating fluids) have a distinct smell, more of a "burnt smell".

·
Registered
deville 92
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Well I went out side not to mention its like 20 degrees outside no steam was visible . I did see a small drops of pinkish liquid thinking the coolant dripping from the red hose IMG_20130113_104707.jpg

·
Super Moderator
86,781 Posts

:hmm: Still can't tell what I'm looking at.

Pinkish fluid could be trans fluid or coolant.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,440 Posts

Whatever they are, they're a DIY replacement of what looks like either P/S or transmission fluid lines on a 4.9 engine. The rubber-metal joints on OEM lines are swaged together. Transmission fluid would be ok - to/from the cooler is fairly low pressure. For high pressure P/S lines, clamps are a no-no.

Does your car use GM P/S fluid or DEXRON in the P/S system ? (pinkish fluid ???)

·
Super Moderator
86,781 Posts
:bulb: The '92 had a P/S fluid cooler.

Down by part #39 (the mounting bolt)

·
Registered
deville 92
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea that's where I saw it next to it are the fans. But about the fluid forgive me but I'm a noob.not sure what's p/s is ..

·
Super Moderator
86,781 Posts
P/S = power steering. Get the car up on ramps or a lift and look at the cooler. It's on the passengers side.

·
Administrator
68,440 Posts
Yea that's where I saw it next to it are the fans. But about the fluid forgive me but I'm a noob.not sure what's p/s is ..
Power Steering ...........

Go up ^^^ a few threads and study the "Acronyms" sticky post - and the rest of the stickys.

·
Registered
deville 92
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well defintily check that out but it will be a couple of days its freezing outside will I be okay ? ...hey sub those pics are cool where u get that from

·
Administrator
68,440 Posts
www.gmpartsgiant.com

Your car, year, model. Get to your desired system and click the line - it opens a keyed text to parts numbers, descriptions, and pricing (if available). At the top of the text is an INFO tab - click that to navigate to the parts diagrams, keyed to the text.

·
Registered
1993 Coupe Deville, 2009 XLR-V 1 of 6 Crystal Red
2,484 Posts
Those red hoses are most likely trans fluid. That doesn't mean THEYare leaking if the power steering is leaking from the pump JUST ABOVE.

·
Super Moderator
86,781 Posts
Well defintily check that out but it will be a couple of days its freezing outside will I be okay ?
Sure, just check the P/S fluid to be sure it doesn't get too low (assuming that is what is leaking).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts