Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Lemon Law'd '05 V
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put the V on front ramps to change the tranny fluid today and when I crawled under I saw a little fluid on the tranny mount and at the rear of the case, where the driveshaft connects to the output shaft(prop shaft??). This really dropped my spirits....

I did the tranny swap, used Royal Purple Max ATF...pretty red color. I also saw that the bushings on the shifter were'nt seated inside the carrier properly so I fixed that too...quieted down the B&M shifter a bit!!!

Now it seems that I need to bring this to the attention to my dealership...I hate bringing up anything to them, but this isn't something I can do myself.

Anyone ever have a similar leak? What happened at the dealer? replacement? rebuild? This sucks...
-ace

·
Registered
327 Posts
ace996 said:
I put the V on front ramps to change the tranny fluid today and when I crawled under I saw a little fluid on the tranny mount and at the rear of the case, where the driveshaft connects to the output shaft(prop shaft??). This really dropped my spirits....

I did the tranny swap, used Royal Purple Max ATF...pretty red color. I also saw that the bushings on the shifter were'nt seated inside the carrier properly so I fixed that too...quieted down the B&M shifter a bit!!!

Now it seems that I need to bring this to the attention to my dealership...I hate bringing up anything to them, but this isn't something I can do myself.

Anyone ever have a similar leak? What happened at the dealer? replacement? rebuild? This sucks...
-ace

You mean the tailshaft seal is leaking? Where the driveshaft goes into the transmission? If so, thats an extremly easy fix, just pull the driveshaft and swap the seals.

·
Registered
Lemon Law'd '05 V
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tailshaft...yeah, that's what I meant. Thanks for the advice, I'll bring it up to my service dept.

I was almost hoping that it'd mean a new '06 tranny...updated synchros and such...

thanks,
ace

1 - 3 of 3 Posts