Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any body else with the86 fleetwood type climate control ever have this happen ,about twice aweek it takes up to three min. for the blower to kick in is the climate control checking air temp deciding whether to apply heat or ac or is something getting ready to take a crap any input would be most helpful thanks :worship:

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Most of the time the blower wont kick in until the engine gets semi-warm (so you dont blow cold air around like my carpool driver last year, thats another story!)....

IS there some sort of constant where it does it everytime, IE temperature....?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it did it one time when outside temp was about 82, this time of year its getting to around 62 and it takes its time kicking in. and i think its waiting for the thermostat to open. :yup: but in the warm weather here in south florida you need ac right away if you know what i mean thanks for the reply

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Oh, I didnt realize you were in FL....... It should come on right away.... I was relating to myself here in the frozen tundra of indiana..... :D

Id say something is goofy with the electronics.... 17 years and things have bound to have gone wrong!!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i was afraid of that ,its to random to be a systematic control of some kind o well when it quits all together then i might be able to find the problum,thanks :banghead:

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Well can you manually control it, or does it only work at will.?

I bet you could find a new module cheap from a junker!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
2 Participants
elwesso