Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe AWD
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the best way to launch the 3.6L AWD coupes?
TC,Competitive Mode or no TC?
Any recommended Rpm level to hit?
Also as anybody ever had luck with doing a burnout?

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
16,558 Posts
Why?

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,568 Posts
You're not going to do a burnout in a ~300hp AWD car with an automatic and 235/365 tires. Maybe if you put the car on 4 donut spares? Or figured out how to swap in a manual transmission so you could drop the clutch from 6000rpm or so?

:confused: Because he wants to know?

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,568 Posts
You're not going to do a burnout in a ~300hp AWD car with an automatic and 235/365 tires. Maybe if you put the car on 4 donut spares? Or figured out how to swap in a manual transmission so you could drop the clutch from 6000rpm or so?

:confused: Because he wants to know?

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
16,558 Posts
Reminds me of my son's 2 step kids last week. Long story, still being written, but is started out with them sneaking out at night and "stealing" his Audi A6 Quattro. A two ton car with one of the best "all" wheel drive systems and 240 hp. The car ended up in his driveway with a flat tire. The tire had a huge hole in the inside portion of the tread that could only come from trying to drift the car and failing. The next morning my son gets their asses out of bed and raises hell with them. When asked, they lied. He then told them how stupid they were trying to drift a 4000 pound awd car with a near 50/50 bias and only 240 hp. Kinda like a big ol' CTS, it ain't gonna happen.

·
Registered
'10 CTS4 3.6L Wagon prem; '06 STS 3.6L base; '98 Seville STS
2,410 Posts
Pull the awd fuse, get a vitesse throttle controller. Set it to 9 and have fun...

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,558 Posts
Reactions: silversport

·
Registered
'12 CTS Performance Sports Wagon AWD
3,201 Posts
To do a burn out in an AWD car you have to work at it... Even in snow with the TC off I have not been able to spin the tires... Did not know about the 10 second thing to turn off the other thing but GM spent a lot of time and money to get these so they don't loose traction so you have to defeat that somehow...

Be aware that burnouts can cause serious damage to your car too especially if the tires grab traction all of a sudden...

Personally, not worth the effort to potentially do serious damage to your car..

Rodney

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe AWD
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just wanted to see if anybody has tried or had luck with this.
Im assuming no one has ever tried to race their CTS?

·
Registered
16,558 Posts
Very few CTS

Lots of CTSV 's

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
11,812 Posts
Just wanted to see if anybody has tried or had luck with this.
Im assuming no one has ever tried to race their CTS?

Why would you want to do a burnout in a race? With AWD, you just plant & go while the other guy is spinning his wheels. By the time he gets to the finish line, you'll already be groping his girl :sneaky:

·
Registered
CTS 2008 3.6DI Sport Luxury
1,027 Posts
Why would you want to do a burnout in a race? With AWD, you just plant & go while the other guy is spinning his wheels. By the time he gets to the finish line, you'll already be groping his girl :sneaky:
When you win the race, you do burnouts. ;)

·
Registered
16,558 Posts
youll get along with garryss
Maybe we can cut Sergio a little slack - it's early in his career here.

But I damn near spit out my coffee this morning when I read that!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts