Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after my 4th diff being twister up the new solution is to install the 07 STS V diff in the car. It is supposed to have a stronger case and stouter internals to handle the power under the curve of the supercharger and the additional weight of the STS V. The dealership has a PN from the Cadillac Regional Brand Manager and has ordered it. Lets keep our fingers crossed that this could be the solution GM has been working on under the radar to address the weak point of our cars. If it is I give them credit for possibly killing 2 birds with one stone.

·
Registered
Lemon Law'd '05 V
1,241 Posts
I also have the '06 diff, no whine yet but clunkity...clunkity....clunk!!!!
Danm them!!!!
-ace

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ace,

the clunk has nothing to do with the differential itself. It occurs because the rear subframe bolts are not tight to specs. If you either tighten them yourself or the dealer, the clunck will go away until they become loose again or we all get a clue and put some loctite on them prior to wreching them.

Jpr

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
Still waiting for my '06 diff and radiator. Hopefully next week.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Should the dealership tighten down the subframe?? Or should we?? HOw do we even tell the service guy how to tighten them? I hate that clunk.

Ladis

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
Check the FAQ's page. You'll need a torque wrench with 180ft./lb. capacity and some big metric sockets. I believe 18mm and 21mm.

T

·
0 Posts
Someone please tell me were to find these bolts. I'm going to do that this morning. Also my car started a loud pop from the rear this week. I stoped by somewhere that would put it in the air for me and what do I find but the BMR pinion Support bolts half way out. So my question is what do I do with that! Does it get torqued as well or should I just use some loctite on it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts