Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Cadillac ATS, which will be on the new RWD Alpha platform, will have at least one four cylinder (probably the 2.0L turbo) and V6 (3.6L DI). The ATS-V is planned to have the same V8 as the CTS-V. The size is said to be very, very close to the Mercedes C-Class.

The Cadillac ATS Sedan should launch around Fall of 2012 as a 2013 model.
The Cadillac ATS Coupe should launch around mid-2013 as a 2014 model.
The Cadillac ATS Convertible should launch around late-2013 as a 2014 model.
The Cadillac ATS-V launch date has not yet been finalized - but it's planned as a 2015 model.

Internally, it's said that the Cadillac ATS is considered a BMW fighter.

·
Registered
'06 CTS-V raven
96 Posts
Same V8 as the CTS-V? You sure about that? Gonna make it hard to charge $10-$15k extra for the CTS-V if they do that.

I'm still guessing 450ish hp N/A V8... same as whatever the base Vette engine is in 2015, then bump the supercharged one up to 600ish for the CTS-V.

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
They could detune it like MB does with the 6.2L in the C63 vs E63. I would think a pully change could get it down near 500 hp, which would still be beasty in smaller car. I hope its lighter then the 1st gen V. By 2015, tho, we'll probably have an LS engine with DI and some other newer goodies. Im looking forward to seeing this shape up. I also think the 2.0L turbo is a great base engine.

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I get the feeling that when all is said and done, we'll be looking at a twin turbo or twin scroll turbo V6 in the ATS-V... I know they're SAYING it's going to get a V8 - but I REALLY don't believe it. Not that I think they're lying, but when the time comes - I mean 2015 - I think V8s are going to be found very far and few between.

·
Registered
2008 CTS AWD FE2 DI 304hp
746 Posts
Will this be the same chassis underneath as the chevy camaro 2 door? if so ....I don't see why the V8 would not be available for the ATS V...

Can't wait...

Just wish it wasn't 2015 for the ATS V...

Five years is a long time away...

IMO for the ATS to be a true 3 series competitor...it needs a "performance" image that a V series version would facilitate...

Usually a one year lead time would be maximum for an ATS V in my opinion would be best..

JMO

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Will this be the same chassis underneath as the chevy camaro 2 door? if so ....I don't see why the V8 would not be available for the ATS V...

Can't wait...

Just wish it wasn't 2015 for the ATS V...

Five years is a long time away...

IMO for the ATS to be a true 3 series competitor...it needs a "performance" image that a V series version would facilitate...

Usually a one year lead time would be maximum for an ATS V in my opinion would be best..

JMO
Yes, same chassis as the Camaro.. I wouldn't be surprised if the Camaro SS had a twin turbo V6 by 2015 either...

·
Registered
'06 CTS-V raven
96 Posts
I get the feeling that when all is said and done, we'll be looking at a twin turbo or twin scroll turbo V6 in the ATS-V... I know they're SAYING it's going to get a V8 - but I REALLY don't believe it. Not that I think they're lying, but when the time comes - I mean 2015 - I think V8s are going to be found very far and few between.
Top-line high performance cars like the Vs are a drop in the bucket of GM's (or Ford's) CAFE calculations. I think V8s will be limited to hi-po cars and top-line trucks going forward, but they aren't going away any time soon.

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Top-line high performance cars like the Vs are a drop in the bucket of GM's (or Ford's) CAFE calculations. I think V8s will be limited to hi-po cars and top-line trucks going forward, but they aren't going away any time soon.
That's logically speaking... Do you think logic will prevail?

·
Registered
'06 CTS-V raven
96 Posts
That's logically speaking... Do you think logic will prevail?
In this case, yes... because it is prevailing at Ford. They may do a turbo V6 Mustang GT at some point but there will continue to be a V8 available for a long time to come. Ain't no way GM is going in another direction.

·
Registered
'04 CTS-V, '07 SRT8 Jeep, '86 Fiero
1,646 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts