Does it matter which radio we use:

CTS 04-05 AM-FM-stereo-CD player (opt U2R), ID 10387598
CTS 04-05 AM-FM-stereo-CD player (opt U2R), ID 15950588
CTS 04-07 AM-FM-stereo-CD player (opt U2R), ID 15887288
CTS 05 AM-FM-stereo-CD player (opt U2R), ID 15824244
SRX 04-05 AM-FM-stereo-CD player (opt U2R), ID 10387598
SRX 04-05 AM-FM-stereo-CD player (opt U2R), ID 15824244
SRX 04-06 AM-FM-stereo-CD player (opt U2R), ID 15887288

Thanks, I didn't realize there were so many different model numbers.
I don't even know which I used. I just trusted my boneyard's list of what was compatible, and picked the cleanest one.

Totally worth all this BTW. Years later now, it's still enjoyable, do most of my listening thru streaming on the phone into the Pioneer. As I said, FM & XM thru the base head unit feeding Aux In on my Pioneer so I can switch to them.

The base head unit customization does include assigning steering wheel buttons - since mine work as they should, as stock, I have never been crazy enough to find out what happens if I try it.

·
Registered
07 Silver V Sport Susp.
147 Posts
JGeezer Thank you. I think I found a compatible one. I might want to PM you guys as my head is spinning a bit with all the posts. But Im going to add front and rear cameras and put a screen in the ashtray at least that's my thought today. Again thanks.

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
2 Posts
Hey I'm new to this forum, and I found this thread about upgrading the stock head unit. Quickly, I have the NAV unit in my '06 V and want to upgrade it but don't want to lose all the features associated with the stock, i.e. steering wheel controls, programmable features, etc. . I noticed you guys were using the non NAV radios for this upgrade, but has anyone found anything for the NAV versions? I added BT via one of the two XM connections and that is OK for audio, but it does not control phone or functions obviously. Any advice/ideas/directions would be great!

·
Registered
2004 V (B&M, muffler delete), 2003 Corvette
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Hey I'm new to this forum, and I found this thread about upgrading the stock head unit. Quickly, I have the NAV unit in my '06 V and want to upgrade it but don't want to lose all the features associated with the stock, i.e. steering wheel controls, programmable features, etc. . I noticed you guys were using the non NAV radios for this upgrade, but has anyone found anything for the NAV versions? I added BT via one of the two XM connections and that is OK for audio, but it does not control phone or functions obviously. Any advice/ideas/directions would be great!
You are missing the whole idea. We all had the nav, all V's did, we just hated it. This thread explains how to replace the nav without losing any functionality (like DIC, confirm competition mode, etc) by replacing it with a base radio, modified to accept an aftermarket double DIN unit.

·
Registered
CTS
1 Posts
Anyone have any pics of the rear end of the factory ghetto radio plug and/or diagram? I'm getting ready to attempt this but still a little unknowns of the wiring. Thanks guys

·
Registered
escalade
7 Posts
Hello

How did you get that plastic dash cut so nice with such straight lines ?
I am planning to put a 2din on my 2005 cts now

thank you

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
My first try wasn't that great! I did have a second face available, and the second time I used a fine-tooth (metal) blade on my bandsaw, if I recall correctly with masking tape guides.

Good luck! I still enjoy the setup, makes the car seem ten years younger.

·
Registered
escalade
7 Posts
Hello

thank you

----------

sorry for posting the question again
Thanks for your answer

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Hello

thank you

----------

sorry for posting the question again
Thanks for your answer
Did you see my answer above?

My first try wasn't that great! I did have a second face available, and the second time I used a fine-tooth (metal) blade on my bandsaw, if I recall correctly with masking tape guides.

Good luck! I still enjoy the setup, makes the car seem ten years younger.

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
28 Posts
06 V with base CTS info center and aftermarket DVD/Nav?

I saw a thread about this a few years ago, and I've been dying to make it happen. I absolutely DESPISE the OEM nav unit in my 06 CTS-V, and CDs are annoying now that I'm used to more modern methods in my other cars. I want to install an updated aftermarket unit with nav, bluetooth, and digital media capabilities. I don't want to lose the information display (temperature, mpg, etc...) that is the only redeeming feature of the stock nav unit. Therefore, the digital info panel of a lesser CTS is exactly what I need!

Today, I managed to score a clean CD/info unit from a V6 CTS at the junkyard. However, now that I have the piece I need, I can't find the old thread showing how it's done! If anyone can direct me to that thread, or simply give me the advice I need, I would be greatly appreciative. I haven't taken my own car apart yet to see if everything plugs up (I seem to recall it was pretty straightforward when reading the other guy's writeup...) I got the entire CD/info bit, including the cage and brackets. No wiring (I just unplugged the harness that was plugged into the back.) I know I'll need to do some cutting of the piece I just acquired to make this work, but I'm fine with that. I just want to be sure I can hook it up to be functional! I figure making a post now, prior to tearing my car apart, may save me a bit of trouble.

Any help is appreciated. Especially if you've already done this project yourself!

·
Registered
06 CTS-V, 2010 CTS-V Sedan
209 Posts

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
28 Posts
Re: 06 V with base CTS info center and aftermarket DVD/Nav?

That's it! I didn't think to look there (I should always start there!)

The only functions I regularly use are temperature and mpg, so as long as the digital display gives me that info, I'm happy.

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
7,960 Posts
Re: 06 V with base CTS info center and aftermarket DVD/Nav?

Today, I managed to score a clean CD/info unit from a V6 CTS at the junkyard. However, now that I have the piece I need, I can't find the old thread showing how it's done! If anyone can direct me to that thread, or simply give me the advice I need, I would be greatly appreciative.
Merged your thread into the one you were looking for. (Well, maybe not "the one", since there have been a few of them over the years, but this one has a lot of good info.)

Edit: There are a couple of other useful threads linked in the 2003-2007 CTS FAQ/Threads of Note thread - http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-first-generation-forum-2003/222292-faq-diy-guides-how-manuals.html - in the Alarm, Security, & Audio section.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
1 Posts
Hey everyone. I just bought a '05 CTS-V, and like all of you, need to change out the stock head unit for better functionality. While I am considering the option of finding a base CTS head, hacking it up and adding in a double din unit, I was wondering if anyone has considered a head unit from a newer model CTS-V? I don't know if it is at all possible or if it would work. Brand new to the CTS-V world. Is there a newer model CTS-V that has a better head unit with BT, better nav, AUX/USB port, etc... that would still have all of the computer functions, and could just be re-programed and installed on an older CTS-V?

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V
31 Posts
Gents, thanks so much for this thread...I now feel confident that I can mod a CTS radio and finally bring my V into present day technology!

81 - 97 of 97 Posts