Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by elwesso
Its always going to be more safe to go directly to the battery than go through the harnesses.......

I dont think your going to have a problem..... I remember seeing something where you splice the low beams into the highbeam circuit, so that the low beams still get power when the highs are on....... Doing it this way IMO is very unsafe........

This kit looks golden!!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In looking at the wiring diagram I see that the wire from one of the four posts of the relay is connected to the hot wire of the high beam,and one is connected to the hot wire of the low beam, both using scotchloks. One post goes to the battery and one post to ground. So when you switch to your high beams it activates the relay and allows the battery to power the low beams which at this point would normally be off.My question is what is the likelyhood running power to the hot wire of the normally off low beam could back into the system and cause a problem? This would be the deciding factor for me and my last question on this subject.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
To be honest, I saw your other post regarding this, and I dont know enough about it to give you a definite answer, but of my understanding on this.......

Id say you wouldnt have a problem...... The high beams and low beams are on different circuits (correct?), so having BOTH circuits on at one time wont make any difference...... My only concern was the extra draw, and you would melt the wiring/harnesses......

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
elwesso said:
To be honest, I saw your other post regarding this, and I dont know enough about it to give you a definite answer, but of my understanding on this.......

Id say you wouldnt have a problem...... The high beams and low beams are on different circuits (correct?), so having BOTH circuits on at one time wont make any difference...... My only concern was the extra draw, and you would melt the wiring/harnesses......[/QUOTE

Thank you for all the advice and information you have given me. I think the best thing I did, other than buying my Eldorado, was finding Bruce Nunnally's contemporary Cadillac site which led me here. This site is a goldmine of information that would cost you a fortune in time and money to gather on your own. Thanks again to everybody who shares their info here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts