Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My last book was "CIA,Inc" about how to apply CIA techniques in protecting your intellectual property. That book pertained to my college formal report.

What about anyone else?

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
I was supposed to read The Scarlet Letter for my enriched english class, I read through about 1/3 and couldn't stand it anymore. Does that count?

·
Registered
91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)
4,396 Posts
In the Presence of Mine Enemies by Harrry Turtledove explores the lives of Jews living in the early 21'st century Nazi Germany that won WWII and WWIII. Very good alternate history.

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
Does the TV guide counts?

·
Registered
2001 BMW M5 - Alpine White
226 Posts
Ghost Rider
By: Neil Peart

I have been a huge Rush fan since the 2112 release in 1976.

Does that make me old??????

·
Registered
2001 Deville; 1990 Brougham
1,519 Posts
"Monkey Wrench Gang" by Edward Abbey...very good novel on eco terrorism

·
Registered
266 Posts
"Performance auto and aircraft welding" and a book on motorcycle forced induction. Also a few books on 50's pin up photography, but that was more of a research project that consisted of looking at a lot of pictures. Oh, and "Drawing cuting edge comics" Was the most recent. Those are from the last month or so.

·
Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
5,929 Posts
Posted 1:07 in the AM. Now, 1:22 AM & I am still laughing!!!

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
Usually I stick to non-fiction, mostly biographical and historical. But I departed from that a few weeks ago and read The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom. Not a bad read, and it makes you step back and think about your own life. I highly recommend it.

Best book I've read all year: http://www.seabiscuitonline.com/ Forget about the movie. This is the real story that inspired the movie. The movie didn't even scratch the surface of this great story.

·
Registered
11 Posts
"How We Believe" by Michael Shermer. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0805074791/qid=1090252688/sr=2-3/ref=sr_2_3/104-0498066-9081535
It is a very interesting study about the psychology of religion (and other "non-provables"). In one section it describes a study where religious experiences were induced by stimulating certain parts of the brain. Strong evidence that any religious belief is really just a psychological disorder, but that's another forum...
Currently reading "The Hot Zone" by Richard Preston; http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0385479565/ref=sib_rdr_dp/104-0498066-9081535?_encoding=UTF8&no=283155&me=ATVPDKIKX0DER&st=books A terrifying true story about how Washington DC came close to being wiped out by Ebola; you know, that highly contagious virus that melts your insides until you bleed to death. Good bedtime reading...

·
Registered
2001 Deville; 1990 Brougham
1,519 Posts
Currently making it through Michael Meyer's 5th Ed. of All-In-One A+ Certification...

·
Registered
Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS
6,654 Posts
The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown

Pretty good book that will make you think, but unfortunately doesn't really say anything that hasn't been said before. I would suggest it if you like conspiracy theories or like your fiction flavored with real facts.
Personally, I liked the first book of this series better (Angels&Demons) as it deals with Illuminati lore and is much more fun to read.

Right now I am reading another of Dan Brown's books, Digital Fortress. Haven't got in far enough to recommend it yet, but so far it's about the internet and the NSA. Should be interesting...

·
Registered
2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS
2,860 Posts
Elvis said:
Usually I stick to non-fiction, mostly biographical and historical. But I departed from that a few weeks ago and read The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom. Not a bad read, and it makes you step back and think about your own life. I highly recommend it.

Best book I've read all year: http://www.seabiscuitonline.com/ Forget about the movie. This is the real story that inspired the movie. The movie didn't even scratch the surface of this great story.
my girlfriend wants to read the 5 people you meet in heaven, i just haven't had time with work. we're going to the beach next week so i'll probably read that and some business strategy books.

last book i finished was 7 habits of highly effective people. am currently reading an A+ cert book and a Network + cert book. and also a book about the 1983 Orioles. i usually get about halfway through a book and get too busy and never make it back. oh wait, the last book i finished was The catcher in the rye. i forgot about that one. i lvoe to read, just don't have the time anymore :(

1 - 20 of 27 Posts