Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I’m rebuilding a salvage auction 2017 CTS Luxury 2.0T (non-AWD version). I’m finally on the home stretch and was curious if you knew what physical components make up the lane keep assist system (LKA)? When I try to press the button on the center console, I get “Lane Keep Assist Unavailable.”
My cruise control doesn’t work as well, so I’ve ordered the front radar for cruise (which is missing) and I’m wondering if that’s part of my issue?
The other notable issues that may or may not be related: auto start/stop system doesn’t work and remote start doesn’t work. The rear view mirror mounted camera seems to function because my following distance and pre-collision warning system (flashing red light/seat haptic feedback rumble) are all working.
I’ll take any advice you can offer and thank you

·
Registered
Prev: 2018 ATS 2.0T NOW: 2020 CT4-V JR
2,517 Posts
The various assist systems will need the radar(s). I think Luxury only has a basic cruise
control, not automated distance control. If correct, Cruise should not need radar.
If you have a following distance indicator, then it would need the radar.

You could have a failed computer or hookup that controls multiple systems.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The various assist systems will need the radar(s). I think Luxury only has a basic cruise
control, not automated distance control. If correct, Cruise should not need radar.
If you have a following distance indicator, then it would need the radar.

You could have a failed computer or hookup that controls multiple systems.
Thanks for the advice. The hookup is where I’ll focus first. The wiring harness that connects the front fascia components (turn signals, active shutter, running lights) is missing, so I’m thinking my next step will be to hook all that up once the parts get in. I know that’ll clear my active shutter DTC and my LIN bus 0 DTC check engine lights. That’ll fix remote start at least. I was just hoping for a sure fire win so I wouldn’t have to tear the bumper off multiple times because I’m lazy!

·
Registered
2018 CTS 3.6 Premium Luxury
524 Posts
I was just hoping for a sure fire win so I wouldn’t have to tear the bumper off multiple times because I’m lazy!
Someone going through all the effort on your car like you are is the antithesis of lazy!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts