Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CTS Premium, 2015 Escalade Premium, 2013 Jeep Wrangler
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new 2015i Escalade has intermittent lane change signal failures. I've tried to use the stalk every way I can think of to see if I'm doing something that is causing it. For example if I am changing lanes I will flip on the lane change signal (should flash 3 times) and it either won't work or it will flash once and that's it. If I try again immediately after a failure it will usually work. Here's the real kicker, last year I purchased a 2014 CTS Premium and it has the exact same problem! I've talked to the service guys (who are usually pretty good and very helpful) but they try everything in the world to get out of looking at it; oh your Escalade/CTS probably isn't equipped with that feature, oh you aren't using the feature correctly and yada, yada, yada. Anybody else seeing this?

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
SoFlaCaddie said:
My new 2015i Escalade has intermittent lane change signal failures. I've tried to use the stalk every way I can think of to see if I'm doing something that is causing it. For example if I am changing lanes I will flip on the lane change signal (should flash 3 times) and it either won't work or it will flash once and that's it. If I try again immediately after a failure it will usually work. Here's the real kicker, last year I purchased a 2014 CTS Premium and it has the exact same problem! I've talked to the service guys (who are usually pretty good and very helpful) but they try everything in the world to get out of looking at it; oh your Escalade/CTS probably isn't equipped with that feature, oh you aren't using the feature correctly and yada, yada, yada. Anybody else seeing this?
If it happens in two vehicles then it's the way you flip the turn signals. It should just be a tap. Hold it too long it will not activate the turn signal three flash.

12,778 Posts
Hi SoFlaCaddie,

I’m sorry that you’re experiencing this difficulty with the lane change signal in your Escalade. To build on what evois said, I did some research and page 6-6 of your owner’s manual gives some additional information on how to activate the lane change signal as opposed to the turn signal. If you follow these instructions and are still having problems using this feature, please send me a PM and we can discuss this further.

Have a great day,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
391 Posts
My kids have trouble with the lane change signal, but I don't. I think it is in the way you actuate it. With just a bump it gives you the 3 flashes. If you hold it for any length of time, (like waiting for the first flash to finish), then you only get what you hold.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Premium, 2015 Escalade Premium, 2013 Jeep Wrangler
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it happens in two vehicles then it's the way you flip the turn signals. It should just be a tap. Hold it too long it will not activate the turn signal three flash.
While I appreciate your feedback I wholeheartedly disagree. I have tried to activate those puppies every which way possible and they still fail. My 2012 Escalade worked flawlessly every time, my 2010 the same and my 2011 CTS Coupe worked fine. It's just the newer model.

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
391 Posts
While I appreciate your feedback I wholeheartedly disagree. I have tried to activate those puppies every which way possible and they still fail. My 2012 Escalade worked flawlessly every time, my 2010 the same and my 2011 CTS Coupe worked fine. It's just the newer model.
Well, that's what the warranty is for...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts