Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, i was pulling out of the neighborhood... and I saw a light tan 2000-01 Catera with a black landau top! :canttalk:

First of all, i didnt even know they had this option... secondly, it looks very ugly (a landau) on a curved aerodynamic roof like the catera has. Lastly, why have one on a sporty car?!?! They are meant for "charriot" sized big big big luxury cars, like the towncar or the deville. Although personally, they shouldnt even be on a car.

·
Registered
36 Posts
JefferyG said:
Today, i was pulling out of the neighborhood... and I saw a light tan 2000-01 Catera with a black landau top! :canttalk:

First of all, i didnt even know they had this option... secondly, it looks very ugly (a landau) on a curved aerodynamic roof like the catera has. Lastly, why have one on a sporty car?!?! They are meant for "charriot" sized big big big luxury cars, like the towncar or the deville. Although personally, they shouldnt even be on a car.
I always liked the Devilles and Town Cars that have carriage roofs with power moonroofs right in the middle! Isn't a carriage roof supposed to make it look like a convertible?

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
carjunky25 said:
I always liked the Devilles and Town Cars that have carriage roofs with power moonroofs right in the middle! Isn't a carriage roof supposed to make it look like a convertible?
Indeed it is, but you must know that in the carrage days, most were able to convert to open top... they are using the same design they had then, now on our cars. I really think it looks ugly, and destroys the look of stream lined cars :crying: .

·
Registered
807 Posts
The landau tops are dealer installed options, on Cadillacs anyway. I think they look awful on any new cars, they should have stayed in the 1980's when cars were boxy. The worst landua top I ever saw was on a newer Accord. What the hell was going on there?

·
Registered
36 Posts
It's kind of like a rear spoiler on a front wheel drive car. As long as people are willing to spend the money, someone will be there to sell it to them!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
carjunky25