Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2002 Seville STS F55, 2006 Mazda Miata
22,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about past birthdays and holidays, and remembered some crummy gifts I received (because I requested them). For my fourteenth birthday, I asked for and received a copy of Simcity 2000, an in-depth SC2000 player's guide, an Amy Grant CD, and.... wait for it...
IBM's OS/2 Warp 3 [with Win-OS/2! oooh!].

What kind of crazy teenager asks for OS/2 Warp? Sure, it stable and quick and such, but the hardware compatbility was a nightmare; I almost replaced everything in the system to get it going. At the end of it I was basically using OS/2 as a shell to run Windows programs.

I should have just asked for a new stereo.

·
Registered
2001 Deville; 1990 Brougham
1,519 Posts
A paperweight in the shape of an egg with one flat end...its made of marble, but that doesn't make up for the fact that I'm nearly paperless...what were they thinking?!?!

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts
One can of olives from an aunt.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 6 (Venus) 1964 Impala (Betty) 1991 Miata (Dolly)
14,333 Posts
An iron.

That same Christmas, my parents gave my little sister a stereo. After 20 years, I've stopped bitching about it. But it still stinks.

Does that count as bitching about it?

·
Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
5,929 Posts
When I was 8 years old, I got a leather watch band. I didn't own a watch !

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I remember it clearly.....it was secret santa type deal where we each bring a gift and hand it to Santa Clause.
Then he calls you up and takes a random gift out of the bag and gives it to you.

Before the event, my buddy shows me the gift he brought....a freakin Neil Diamond Record!!
(mind you, we were 14 years old) and we laughed at how lame that was and wanted to see the face of the poor kid who was gonna walk away with it........well you know how this ends.

My turn, sittin on santas lap, and he whips out a flat square gift that was none other than, Neil Freakin Diamond.....

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Kev said:
One can of olives from an aunt.
:histeric:

Your post is hilarious, the one liner followed by your signature icon of an expressioness Kev avatar....

LMAO

·
Registered
1999 STS - diamond white
5,229 Posts
We do gag gifts for the family. This year I'm giving my sister-in-law some "buck lure" in an attractive perfume case. I plan to have the camera ready when she opens it.
"Just a drop behind each ear sis."

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
5,074 Posts
Yeah, it was a joke though. It was this little tin box that said "Lump of cole" and there was gum inside that resembled little lumps of cole. It was cute! I was always a good girl ;)

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
LittleB said:
Yeah, it was a joke though. It was this little tin box that said "Lump of cole" and there was gum inside that resembled little lumps of cole. It was cute! I was always a good girl ;)
Actually B, I think most of the guys (myself not included) would rather hear that you've been naughty... I'm sure by now you've a pretty good idea how the mind of the average male thinks! :sneaky:

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
5,074 Posts
Kev said:
Actually B, I think most of the guys (myself not included) would rather hear that you've been naughty...
Don't lie Kevo!! It's OK to admit that you find me sexually attractive! ;) :D
c'monnnnnn, you can say it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kev said:
I'm sure by now you've a pretty good idea how the mind of the average male thinks! :sneaky:
They already know I'm naughty anyway! LOL, I am a good girl, but naughty when it comes to certain things :lildevil:

·
Registered
2003 STS w/BoseNav, 1993 Deville, 1985 Deville
1,089 Posts
LittleB said:
I am a good girl, but naughty when it comes to certain things :lildevil:
But doesn't that make you just plain naughty?

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
LittleB said:
Don't lie Kevo!! It's OK to admit that you find me sexually attractive! ;) :D
c'monnnnnn, you can say it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well.... no. I've mentioned it before, you remind me too much of my oldest daughter and I'm just not that kind of guy. :)

Besides, I've got underwear that's older than you! :canttalk:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts