Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so technically it's a Lexus, but still.... :hide:

http://www.lexus.com/LFA/

4.8L DOHC 40 Valve V-10
552hp
354 lb/ft

6-speed auto-clutch manual

0-60 in 3.7

Whaddya think? Much like the GT-R, I don't think it's a good looking car, but it definitely sticks out. Lexus must have cast iron balls to try and sell it for nearly $400,000 (Motor Trend estimates MSRP at 395k). Why are they shooting so high? I doubt it'll sell for that much money.

·
Registered
2004 Seville SLS
435 Posts
considering they are only making 500 globally i am sure they will find people willing to pay the 400k based on rarity alone. how ever, speaking for my self i say no way am i paying 400k for that. for 150k you can get just as good and better.

·
Registered
2002 STS, 1991 Eldorado
1,023 Posts
Looks like the Celica from a decade ago.

A $400k 200 mph Celica, but a Celica none the less...:bigroll:

·
Registered
2007 E92 BMW 335i
10,761 Posts
That's Carrera GT money. There's way I'd pay $400,000 for a glorified dishwasher.

·
Registered
2016 Honda Accord LX. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS
3,718 Posts
I'd personally rather have a 911 Turbo, even if they aren't as exclusive. With the rest of the money I'd buy myself a nice house and a Cadillac or 5. But to be honest I haven't been impressed with Lexus this entire decade, save for the early 2000's GS430 and LS460.

·
Registered
Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS
13,792 Posts
Next we'll here that there will only be 100 LFA's to be sold in the U.S. ............. ooh! gotta have one said the dotcom guy!

D

·
0 Posts
It is nice but I can think of hundreds of cars I'd rather have for the money.;)

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
Hopefully these don't come standard with Toyota's newest standard feature - the out of control accelerator. Is a cemetery plot included with that $400k pricetag?
:haha:

I think I'd rather have a Z06 in every available color for the money you'd spend on the Toyopet.

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,690 Posts
I am still angry at GM for discontinuing all THREE variations of Orange on the C6.

:(

·
Registered
Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300
5,418 Posts
For about $425k(yes just 25k more) you can have a BRAND NEW Ferrari F430 AND a BRAND NEW Lamborghini Gallardo. Or you could just buy one of those and a nice house for $400k.

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
It's a collector car, like the Bugatti. Not one for average joes. It's built at a loss or possibly might break even, but it's done to show engineering capabilities, not mass production sales.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wonder if it'll stir up fanboys the way the GT-R does.

I hope not. :mad:

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,690 Posts
No, the GTR gets fanboys because of 2 Fast 2 Furious.

If Paul Walker had been driving a riced out Honda Fit those would be "cool" too. It makes no difference, fanboys will be fanboys.

And personally, the GTR we have now is hideous. In person or in photograph, I can't find one thing I like about it. The R34 was nice, but it's been done to death, and I hear it doesn't really drive like a car, more like a videogame type thing where it will correct your mistakes for you, in a way.

What's the fun in that? :(

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
No, the GTR gets fanboys because of 2 Fast 2 Furious.

If Paul Walker had been driving a riced out Honda Fit those would be "cool" too. It makes no difference, fanboys will be fanboys.

And personally, the GTR we have now is hideous. In person or in photograph, I can't find one thing I like about it. The R34 was nice, but it's been done to death, and I hear it doesn't really drive like a car, more like a videogame type thing where it will correct your mistakes for you, in a way.

What's the fun in that? :(
The fun is going around a track as with your foot welded to the floor constantly...or driving hard around a dirt covered turn, and not having the back end up in a ditch... Sure its boring and makes up for youre shitty driving, but an average joe will be faster around practically any track in a GTR then they will be in any Vette...its that easy to drive hard... If you cant see the fun in that...

·
Registered
19,690 Posts
I could, but I would rather learn to drive properly than get in a GTR, think I was the shit, then get into like, a Z06 or 458 Italia and wreck the car because I found out I had no idea what I was actually doing.

·
Registered
1991 Sedan Deville
2,932 Posts
Sounds like the Italia does a fair bit of hand-holding itself, but I agree with you on learning to drive properly.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts