Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Labor Day

1K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  EcSTSatic 
#1 ·
Who's lighting up the ole barbie? Sal and I are getting together with a few friends and having a crap load of food and drinks. Just made a Pomagranite bellini and stuffed shells...Who said you only bbq on Labor Day! YUmmmm Have fun, don't drink n drive today!

#7 ·
Now why would you say something like that?

In celebration of the working man, I hope GM closes more US factories!

Mom had a BBQ at her house last night. I picked up all the leftovers. :) Today is a study day.

#3 ·
BBQ'd all weekend. Venison for three days!!! Today I have to work though. Booooo work!!

Food sounds good. I'm leaving all of you for food.

#4 ·
Tonight I will celebrate (not) working by going to an all you can eat mongolian barbecue.

I intend on eating until I get to the point of almost vomiting, then backing off for a few minutes, and then going full speed ahead FTW.

And then tomorrow, I'll be calling sick into work. :D

#6 ·
What are ya tradin' it in on?

#12 ·
Just got rid of the last of the in-laws about an hour ago. I had actually resigned myself to the office from 8-9 o'clock for what else but another lovely hour-long episode of Top Gear.

Nothing too fancy on the food front, my "special" burgers, some turkey dogs, corn on the cob, baked beans, the wife's horrid family-recipe macaroni salad. Mom brought her delicious pasta salad (just for me of course!), cheesecake, and brownies. The in-laws brought the beer and some jello-coolwhip-pretzel concoction. And the various siblings and their grubby children brought their usual assortment of loud, open mouths and empty stomachs.

It was a good time had by all.. I'm just happy we don't have to this crap again until next May!

#13 ·
I worked my behind off around the house on projects I have been planning for 2 years.
I made some good progress but I am a long way out on being done.
I built one wall in the basement. Still have 2 more and a couple doorways to go.
Ordered all the doors for my finished basement and got all the lumber on one of those home depot 0% for a year deals. (just to spread it out a little)
I also dug up some plants that the builder put in the wrong place and moved them to the other side of the yard where it made sense to put them and mowed for the first time in about 2 months.
I can't wait to get back to work so I can get some rest!

#15 ·
Cellphones aren't allowed when I go on vacation. Hell, even when I go out for a night on the town I leave it behind. Hate the things...though I couldn't imagine living without it nowadays. :(

Today is the first of two days off...I plan on getting a LOT of stuff done. Going to head out and work on the Challenger for the morning until it breaks a hundred degrees out, then come and throw new plugs and wires in the 'Yota, then set up scheduling and itinerary for the hunting trip with my dad (he's never been deer hunting! It's his fathers day/birthday present), then do all the yardwork. Tomorrow, early, I'm going to go to the shooting range and get some things sighted in and test-fired then I'll end up taking the kayaks out to Black Butte lake for an overnight trip with a couple of gallons of ice tea and a couple of fishing poles. :D Looking forward to that one...

#16 ·
I detailed the Benz pretty thoroughly, then slept all afternoon on Sunday and gave the Caddy a nice wash on Monday, watched a few hours of "Dirty Jobs" and then napped again that afternoon before I went to Khan's Mongolian all you can eat barbeque.

I <3 mid day naps. :cloud9:

#17 ·
Mid-day naps ARE amazing. I LOVE them but always feel kinda worthless when I wake up. Well, almost always...

Reactions: I~LUV~Caddys8792
#19 ·
Funny editorial from Wired.com on Labor Day
What Do Potatoes, Armadillos and Labor Day Have in Common?
"I won't be able to supply a column this week because of the holiday. Most people don't know this, but the word "holiday" comes from John Henry "Doc" Holliday, the famous gunfighter. He was famous for shooting someone every single day, rain or shine.
......"

http://www.wired.com/culture/lifestyle/commentary/alttext/2007/09/alttext_0905

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.