Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just hooked up my line output converter to my rear subwoofer and and it sends very low signal to my aftermarket amp.Then I tried hooking to my left rear speaker and it sounded good for a few days then burnt my amp. So where do I hook up my loc? What am I doing wrong please help.

·
Registered
2006 STS V8 1SF RWD
6,390 Posts
Mine has been hooked up to the subwoofer output coming from the amp for years...Works fine.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2008 Cadillac STS and I just burned two different amps by hooking my loc to the rear side speaker.and I did that because it sounded really good. when I hooked it up to the rear woofer it doesn't have any power.sounds like the stock woofer. sucks! Can I directly behind the radio?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Depending on your system (nav or non nav) the Nav is ALREADY sending a low level sound to the subwoofer as it has its own amp mounted to the top of speaker. Your basically taking a low level signal and making it lower.

Strip an RCA, make connections one wire to one wire and then get an RCA Y into an amp its not really complicated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So you're telling me I can connect directly from the speaker to an RCA to my amp. No need for a line output converter since it is already sending a low signal. I will try that with my new amp thank you for the information.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts