Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just hooked up my line output converter to my rear subwoofer and and it sends very low signal to my aftermarket amp.Then I tried hooking to my left rear speaker and it sounded good for a few days then burnt my amp. So where do I hook up my loc? What am I doing wrong please help.

·
Registered
2006 STS V8 1SF RWD
6,468 Posts
Mine has been hooked up to the subwoofer output coming from the amp for years...Works fine.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2008 Cadillac STS and I just burned two different amps by hooking my loc to the rear side speaker.and I did that because it sounded really good. when I hooked it up to the rear woofer it doesn't have any power.sounds like the stock woofer. sucks! Can I directly behind the radio?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Depending on your system (nav or non nav) the Nav is ALREADY sending a low level sound to the subwoofer as it has its own amp mounted to the top of speaker. Your basically taking a low level signal and making it lower.

Strip an RCA, make connections one wire to one wire and then get an RCA Y into an amp its not really complicated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So you're telling me I can connect directly from the speaker to an RCA to my amp. No need for a line output converter since it is already sending a low signal. I will try that with my new amp thank you for the information.

·
Registered
5 Posts
  1. I do have the answer to this ungodly mind smoking issue! Stop me if I'm wrong but for a guy who's wired every system since 95' I've ever owed and more I can say I've seen some things and this nav Bose premium 15 spkr system had my ass in out and cross eyed thru forums this worked but this didn't and after 3 weeks I was over looking 1 abreviation I didn't know what it was or that it mattered... Now idk about the wiring to a right rear or that it would work or fry your amp but in time I figured it out. Now simple 123 in thought you can unplug the 10" sub and you have your +&- speaker lines, your power, ground and remote all in one harness simple as I read and hooked the remote and my speakers to my LOC being I'm running some 4 gauge power and ground of my own all to a 1000w JL amp and turn it on to see the magic and not shit but a slight vibration only felt by hand to the sub itself... Boggled how could this be bc 22 guys on here said this is what you do and they have it working... So here it is it's the need of an LC2i or in better words a preamp as the signal running out the amp is at only around a half a volt which is being fed into bose's sub amp built aboard the sub as is the two front door subs. Aftermarket head units have pre out sub connections and run from avg 2-6volt pre outs 6 being the better higher end stuff bc the higher your in the range of the amps input range the better signal! Well .5 volt isn't enough to read by the amp to amplify it. An LC2i is a amp for the signal b4 the amp and ramps it to 9volt and just like that problem was solved. So basically you have a LOC w a pre amp and run ya bout $100 but the adjustment that help recreate a true level bass being the Bose drops bass signal at higher volume the LC2i recovers and masters what your having or gonna have issues with. I hope I can help anyone who had to go thru what I felt I did trying to put this in retrospect. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts