Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
balck raven 2003 CTS
134 Posts
I bought these and installed them my self about eight months ago... i love them because of the stiffness and the adjustability. I have my car dumped on 245/35R20's with rim with of 7.5" and no problems.

My previous set up was the FE1 type shocks made by KYB with the eibach springs. The springs had a progressive spring rate which meant they became stiffer as you change your driving. When my driving became more aggressive my car would slightly lower and be stiffer. Portion of the spring has a different spring rate then the rest. That was a good thing but the bad thing was that my FE1 socks where just too soft and my car would bounce too much at least for me. It was like riding on bare springs. Going over a slight bump in the road would make my car bounce up and down a couple of times. I was driving in contempt for about a year until I got my ksport’s.

·
Registered
03 Cadillac CTS
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I got them on order. FlyingRaven when you installed them was there any moding or was it remove and replace?

·
Registered
balck raven 2003 CTS
134 Posts
There was no moding necessary here are instruction on how to install the Ksport coilovers. Follow the CTS service manual on how to replace the front struts and rear shock and springs. If you don't have the service manual instructions i cant email them to you.

Let me know when you get ready to install them, i can help you out. Sorry for the late response i just have been busy. Also, i have been meaning to take pictures or do a video to help interest on the forum. If you want to know how low my car is sitting i can measure the amount of threads on the front and back coilover that way you can get an idea or at least a starting point. Last, i have set my dampening adjustment set to the maximum... that's the way i like it.

·
Registered
03 Cadillac CTS
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great mine are going to be here next week. I just hope they do get here. MAP the place I got them from said they were on back order.
It would be very helpful to know the hight of your car and the thread count to have a starting point to work from. I was thinking of putting the dampening to the middle and then adjust from there.

I do have a service manual.

·
Registered
balck raven 2003 CTS
134 Posts
It's funny they said that because they told me the same thing and it took me about three weeks to get my kit and the package came from Arizona. Well here are some inspiring pictures. It's not my car but a car from the V forum with Ksport coilovers.

·
Registered
03 Cadillac CTS
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That looks good. I think it's a little to low for me tho, I want to just get rid of the gap between the tire and fender.

·
Registered
03 Cadillac CTS
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, that is why I'm getting them.
I'm just waiting to get them from MAP. Its the link in my first post. They told me 3 to 5 days first. they didn't come so I called them and they said they are on back order and it will take a couple more weeks. It's now been 21 days, so I hope they get here soon.

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
4,969 Posts
Be careful. Because after about 45 days, depending how you purchased, you can't chargeback.

·
Registered
07 CTS 3.6L Wheel Performance
180 Posts
Has anyone with a V6 tested the ride on a conservative setting? I like it stiff(giggity), but after driving a car with the stiffest springs and GMPP shocks, I think that a hardcore setup is completely incompatible with the absolutely fantastic roads that Kingston has to offer. I run the FE5 now and I like the feel in the front end, the rear shocks are totally shot(hence my curiousity), so I can't vouch for that.

·
Registered
2003 cadillac cts 5 speed
13 Posts
Flying Raven I have the same problem with my eibach springs Kyb strut setup now, way to bouncy for me. I'm going to buy k-sports in about a week. How do they feel on the highway and on bumpy surfaces?

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
4,969 Posts
Use photobucket.com, and copy the IMG tags and paste here.

·
Registered
balck raven 2003 CTS
134 Posts
The ride on the highway is really nice compared to what I had, t’s ten times better. It just doesn’t budge for anything not like before. I can’t even fill when I’m changing lanes. On curvy freeway onramps I can go up to 70mph and not feel the g-force. Under bumpy surfaces it’s way better I have to slowdown for speed bumps and go over them at an angle since my car is lower, but over all they don’t bounce like my kyb setup.

·
Registered
3.6L ~Black Mamba~
204 Posts
So I've been lookin to lower my ride. These will be great. Do I have to buy anything else? NO new rear shocks right? ahha.. This is all I need, right.. SOrry learning the ins and outs of lowering. So darn confusing on our cars.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts