Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Cadillac CTS-V
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I searched and didn't find any step-by-step installation guides with pics and wondering if anyone knows where I can find them.
Planning on installing kooks LT Headers, high flow cats to stock mufflers this weekend. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Al

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V A6 Sedan Modded :)
710 Posts
No write-up but I can give you some suggestions.

If you have big hands, pull the coils and keep them numbered so you put them back where they were.
I cut the old exhaust out.
Have to pull the steering shaft on driver's side to get the headers in. DO NOT SPIN THE STEERING WHEEL WHILE THE SHAFT IS OUT.
I pulled the starter but you don't have to.
I used the oem manifold gaskets.

·
Registered
2009 Cadillac CTS-V
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Cruiser. Where exactly did you cut the exhaust? and did you have to weld the xpipe to your mufflers?

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V A6 Sedan Modded :)
710 Posts
No welding needed, the end of the mid pipe slips over the OEM piping by the muffler. I tried removing the original exhaust in one piece but tired of the process so I just broke out the sawzall. IIRC I just cut it in two pieces roughly in the middle. By the mufflers, I lined up the kooks mid pipe and cut a few inches toward the back just after the mid pipe bends towards the muffler. Make sure you don't cut the original too far back when you are removing it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts