Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Merry Christmas to me!!! I hope to head up to "DTE" in Ft Wayne on Tuesday. I'll get Phil and his crew to install the headers, UUC shifter, and BMR ring and pinion support. Then it's time for a dyno and tune to make "Beating the Cubes" even sweeter! I'll share results with the Forum after the New Year. My thanks to everyone at Kooks for making one beautiful set of headers and lead pipes. I hope my attached pictures make it on this thread. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Sedan
1,729 Posts
How much are they going for? There's a lot of talk about KOOKS headers but never once has anyone discussed a price.

·
Registered
Lemon Law'd '05 V
1,241 Posts
Joey,
George at Kooks hangs around on the other V forum, LS1Tech in the Vforum, and has prices listed. I've also thought about them as they are in Deer Park.

After the holidays we'll get together for a drink, if you'd like. Another local V-pilot is up for a meet, too.
Merry Christmas,
ace

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Joey......Not to sure what Kooks will charge Forum members.....I have told them to become Supporting Vendors and set a price for us. I will call them back after Christmas and see what they tell me to put on the forum for price. They are not cheap but the quality and welds are really top notch IMO and that's what I paid for. I'll let everyone know about fitment and dyno results ASAP! :dance:

·
Banned
340 Posts
Congrats!

Sometimes presents to yourself are the best kind!

Did you happen to notice how close the steering joint comes to the header assy?

I bought myself something as well. Its not as exciting as headers and cost twice as much.

http://www.techvelocity.com/gtp/misc/he4.jpg

I've parked myself in front of them for at least an hour today watching them in amazement. It takes so little...........

·
Registered
208 Posts
Steve, congrats on the headers. :highfive: It will be interesting to see what your results are compared to mine. We were close on hp stock and :worship: Phil has the records with headers on mine to compare. I'am going up to DTE on friday AM to pick up mine. You will get to hear what it sounds like before me, maybee you will need the same thing done to yours. :bouncy: I can't wait to get up there, and here the new found HP.

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
GTP said:
Congrats!

Sometimes presents to yourself are the best kind!

Did you happen to notice how close the steering joint comes to the header assy?

I bought myself something as well. Its not as exciting as headers and cost twice as much.

http://www.techvelocity.com/gtp/misc/he4.jpg

I've parked myself in front of them for at least an hour today watching them in amazement. It takes so little...........

You kill me Aaron :histeric: They're more fun with something spinning inside of them :bonkers:

The Kooks look nice. I like the ball flange unions.

·
Banned
340 Posts
PneuBird said:
Hey Joey......What emission fittings are you talking about? Where are they located? :confused:
He's probably thinking of the small 2 bolt flange on the exhaust manifold thats equipped on other LS* based vehicles for smog. The CTS-V has no such provisions.

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V coupe
301 Posts
PneuBird said:
Hey Joey......What emission fittings are you talking about? Where are they located? :confused:
Are you getting the 1 3/4 inch primaries or the 1 7/8 inch primaries? My car is still up in Indiana at EPP, and I'm getting a set from them too. Getting the latter though, because of the stroker kit and blower. Let us know:thumbsup:!

Mark

·
Registered
05 Escalade ESV Platinum
211 Posts
According to their prices posted - Kooks headers W/cats & O2 sensor hookups will set you back $1389.99 and up. (varies with tube size and whether you want/need cat hookup) (in case you need to breath cleaner air periodically, you know!!) Naturally that includes the normal 30% premium due to application for your cadillac - w/ no apparent price breaks:cookoo:

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V coupe
301 Posts
lonestranger said:
According to their prices posted - Kooks headers W/cats & O2 sensor hookups will set you back $1389.99 and up. (varies with tube size and whether you want/need cat hookup) (in case you need to breath cleaner air periodically, you know!!) Naturally that includes the normal 30% premium due to application for your cadillac - w/ no apparent price breaks:cookoo:
Wow. That's not what I'm paying. I believe I was quoted like $950 and $250 for the midpipe that hooks up to the Corsa. Maybe a little more expensive than some of the others, but I'll take it since there'll be no cutting and welding.

Mark

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just dropped off the "V" at "DTE" today to get the Kooks headers, UUC shifter, ring and pinion support and a super dyno tune done. :yup: An auto magazine, which shall remain nameless for now, is doing a story and picture shoot at "DTE" this week. All I can say is this "truck" their working on is gonna scream!!! My son and I took a little ride in a Black CTSV, sound familar Paul, and all I can say is "Damm....What a beast!!!" :2thumbs: I have just one bone to pick though....Why did you take off the Corsa for the Magnaflow mufflers????? :banghead: We are going to have to slap you silly for that one Paul!!! :hitstick: The new cam made one hugh difference and the lope at idle is just too cool for words!!! :rofl: You are going to love the way Phil has built up the cubes!! Sorry I could not make it up there on friday to see you. The plan is to pick the "V" back up on Jan. 7th and I'll let the forum know just how good these mods really are?? :burn:

·
Registered
2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer
4,860 Posts
Man, you've got the V disease bad, lol. Are you sure you're enjoying it? The Kooks or SW headers teamed with a Corsa is more and more enticing everyday... :cheers:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts