Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
09 CTS-V
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished up dynoing my V. The results were impressive!

Mods before headers

LS9 Cam
9.55 Lower (14.5 PSI)
LPE Air box
Custom 2.5" Catback
Corsa Sport Mufflers

585 RWHP
570 RWTQ

Mod List now

LS9 Cam
9.55 Lower (13 PSI)
LPE Airbox
Kooks 1 7/8 Headers with cats and 3" x-pipe
2.5" Corsa Touring Mufflers

601 RWHP
584 RWTQ

So to sum it up. I lost 1.5 psi and gained 20 RWHP in places!!

KOOKS FTMFW!!!!

·
Registered
09 CTS-V
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am also adding a Airraid CAI now!!!

More results soon!

·
Registered
09 CTS-V
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im thinking its time for a KOOKS Header SALE!!!!

·
Registered
09 CTS-V
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Why the change from sport to touring Corsa? Maintaining better back pressure?
To try and quite it down. Its pretty loud with the touring mufflers and headers. It would have been too loud with the sports.

·
Registered
No Caddy, 2009 6.2 Silverado 4x4, 2003 Z06
14 Posts
To try and quite it down. Its pretty loud with the touring mufflers and headers. It would have been too loud with the sports.
This is very true. I prefer to stick with Corsa Touring's and LT's on my GM vehicles. With the sports, you will wake up your neighbours when you start the car in the morning as they are initially extremely loud on a cold startup.

I know guys that actually had Corsa Sport's + LT's on their CTSV's but ended up taking them off as they were simply too loud from the exterior.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Get the stock muffs seasoned with some really spirited driving and it'll be loud with Kooks headers. I can't go so loud by adding aftermarket mufflers...

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Get the stock muffs seasoned with some really spirited driving and it'll be loud with Kooks headers. I can't go so loud by adding aftermarket mufflers...
Sir you are 100% correct. My AR headers with stock muffs has gotten much louder than the day I installed. I have put maybe 15 passes and 8,000 miles on them.

So they are spicey now.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T
3,085 Posts
Any of you guys with the oem muffler/header setup compare how loud it is to a broken in B&B with the works ? ie/heads/cam etc ?

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Any of you guys with the oem muffler/header setup compare how loud it is to a broken in B&B with the works ? ie/heads/cam etc ?
It's certainly not as loud as my V1 was with full B&B setup w/ headers and no cats. But in the 8 months and about 10k miles w/ a couple track days, it's almost twice as loud as it was when the Kooks were first installed...

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T
3,085 Posts
^ yea same with my B&B. In the beginning it was nice and quiet. Than after some 'personal' touches it sounds like a nascar

1 - 20 of 42 Posts