Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellas,

I though I would post my newest horsepower and torque numbers. I am in the process of moving so my printer/scanner is packed away or I would scan my results.

Ambient Temperature = ~90 degrees
Elevation = 5200 ft above sea level
Dyno Type = Mustang

Existing bolt-on mods that would influence power/torque:
Lingenfelter CAI
Magnaflow Cat-back Exhaust

Base Run:
HP = 324.5 @ 5450 RPM
TQ = 341.7 @ 4550 RPM

Kooks 1 3/4" headers w/ HiFlo cats, Granatelli wires w/ Koolsox, and NGK spark plugs were installed and the car was tuned.

Test Run:
HP = 351.3 @ 5600 RPM
TQ = 364.8 @ 4550 RPM

Overall:

+27 HP
+23 ft-lbs

Not as much as I was hoping for, but I can tell you all the added torque is available way down in the RPM band, so as far as a seat of the pants increase --definitely. The sound is AMAZING. Overall I think it was money well spent. There are other bolt-on mods out there that will net you higher numbers per the money spent, but I think headers are a must if you plan on doing any more indepth mods to the motor at a later date.

C.J.

·
Registered
Nada
2,053 Posts
Not as much as you hoped for??? :holycrap: Man the gains don't get much better than that for headers. Congrats!!!

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
That's interesting.

Was your V tuned prior to the base run?

I'm guessing it wasn't, for my understanding was that headers wouldn't really add much power down low...kind of a high-end type of add-on.

I'd like to see the results of a tuned V, then headers added and tuned again such that the power gains from headers were isolated. :)

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
Nice numbers tweeter81 :thumbsup:

I'd like to see the results of a tuned V, then headers added and tuned again such that the power gains from headers were isolated. :)
I had mine put on yesterday. Kooks longtubes added to the Corsa, along with replacing the OEM plugs and putting in Bosch Ir Fusion plugs. My car was tuned last year when the Corsa went on, and the same dyno (Dynojet) as was used this time after the headers. I had just had the car re-dyno'd there a month ago and outside/inside shop temps were within 1 degree of each other although the humidity was a bit higher yesterday. So the numbers you see are from the same dyno, temps very close (1 degree) and tuned V/Corsa vs longtube headers/Corsa (plugs) and retune.

Yesterday, Dyno run #2

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,018 Posts
Magnaflow & LPE
1st run: 334p 335t
2nd run: 344p 347t tuned
added Kooks
358p 359t retune

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,006 Posts
What correction factor are your numbers based upon?

Here're my numbers from a couple of weeks ago on a DynoJet. Don't have a stock baseline, but I'll be doing this again in a few weeks after I install my maggie. :bouncy:

Corr Factor: STD
Run 1: 355.15 RWHP/343.83 RWT
Run 2: 357.87 RWHP/347.54 RWT
Run 3: 352.91 RWHP/342.55 RWT

Corr Factor: SAE
Run 1: 349.16 RWHP/(n/a)
Run 2: 351.70 RWHP/(n/a)
Run 3: 347.14 RWHP/(n/a)

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I need to ask that guy who did my tune what if any correction factor was used. I am looking at the printout right now and don't see anything about a correction factor, but I am sure one was used.

After I talk to the guy on Monday I will clear that up.

·
Registered
'06 CTSV
451 Posts
Not sad by any measure.

True in fact that different dyno's and correction factors equal different results.

In my case I used the same dyno before and after.

I feel confident in the fact that we did everything possible to insure an accurate before and after comparison.

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I confirmed with my tuner that my numbers are also SAE corrected to temperature and elevation. So, for those that might not know (although I'm sure most do) that means that the 351 hp/365 tq numbers are what my car would run at sea level on a 75 degree day (not sure on the temp though).

This thread does a good job of showing the gains from the headers. BBV has no tune and a Corsa, and I have a tune and a Magnaflow, so you can see the slight differences.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts