Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Eldorado ETC
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Eldorado is a 97 and I have 75,000 miles my check engine light came on when I got the results from Autozone they said is was the knock sensor cool no problem. Part cost 55 bucks. Labor for the install at local listed Pep Boys said labor with part 180. My questions is does it need to be change that bad because when I try to start the car it shutters like the battery has no juice or I have water in the gas tank. Then when the car warms up to the regular temp I cut the car off and start it on and it starts with a breeze but the check engine light still stays on! So should I get it done Asap or whenever I can?miles

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")
6,405 Posts
No need to go to NAPA or whatever just pull the codes yourself.
A. Press and hold for 2-3 seconds OFF and Passenger warmer buttons until all dashboard lights and display elements will illuminate for 1-2 seconds
B. Read (and write down) codes on the Driver Information Center.
C. Consult this link for a list with the codes or post the codes here.
Also there is a sticky with this information.

·
Registered
1997 Eldorado ETC
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you!!! Caddy but tell me if this is crazy I turn on the car on and it starts perfect and the engine light is on. I repeat the step again and the engine light went off, so I dont know if its saying drive me more often or just love me more!!!!

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")
6,405 Posts
P0326 should I dare? (or something in this vicinity)
Don’t worry about the light going off, the code(s) are still there for another 50 ignition cycles. Just pull the codes, it only takes 1 minute of your time.

n* cadddy sell me that wood grain
No sale man sorry…

·
Registered
1999 White Diamond ETC
2,538 Posts
No need to go to NAPA or whatever just pull the codes yourself.
A. Press and hold for 2-3 seconds OFF and Passenger warmer buttons until all dashboard lights and display elements will illuminate for 1-2 seconds
B. Read (and write down) codes on the Driver Information Center.
C. Consult this link for a list with the codes or post the codes here.
Also there is a sticky with this information.
This is such a useful illustration. N* Could you post it on the Tech Tips? I hope someone makes it a sticky or adds it to the "how to pull codes."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts