Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
stucky that would be the really dark picture I mentioned when I said "pics I found were really dark or really washed out."

·
Registered
2006 Infrared CTS-V
821 Posts
Anyone have some good pics of the new V2 knob, the pics I found were really dark or really washed out.
And what is involved with making it fit, and will it work with my B&M?
b&m will accept the factory knob and since the v2 knob fits factory shifter it will fit b&m.

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,141 Posts
Ron, just a suggestion, but you might want to give Luke a call if you get a chance. Maybe he'd know what's involved.

·
Registered
04 CTS-V
935 Posts
All there is to it is stretching the leather over the factory knob to remove it and taking the V2 knob and doing it in reverse to put it on the stock bushing. Thats it. I'm taking a couple pictures of the process today sometime. I've just been really busy.

Luke wasn't sure if it would fit when he sent it to me but i'm sure he read the thread and knows how it works now.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,141 Posts
Thanks, stuckey. :thumbsup: I was sort of bumping it for Ron since he hadn't gotten a response to his question (plus he's a nice guy).

·
Registered
04 CTS-V
935 Posts
The knob on the boot.

The knob removed

Underside of the boot with knob attached. You will want to press with your thumb on the bottom of the knob while stretching the leather around it.

It should come out like this

You will notice a clip on the inside of the knob. You can try to take it off this way but I was scared I would break them. So I just heated the leather and stretched it over.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, Black
2,165 Posts
Thanks for the walk-through stuckey. Sounds simple enough. I'm probably going to go ahead and do this...except in swade :drool:

·
Registered
04 CTS-V
935 Posts
Thanks for the walk-through stuckey. Sounds simple enough. I'm probably going to go ahead and do this...except in napped-finished leather, or a variety of fabrics with a brushed finish :drool:
:histeric: Good Luck post a pic or two of yours when done.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Just so people don't see the pics of the fake aluminum overlay and think everyone likes them and they should get them, I hate it.

No offense, but it looks fake. Badly fake. It looks like plastic silver bubbly stuff. Now, you can argue that it looks better than a dash that's peeling and looking splotchy. I can accept that. But I'm still not a fan...

·
Registered
cts-v
2,741 Posts
our dash is prettu dull and lifeless looking. i'm not sure i would do a dash kit but that looks like a decent improvement over what we have stock.

·
Registered
Red 09 CTS-V, Silver 06 STS-V, Red 08 CTS4 for winter
475 Posts
I recognize that dash kit. It was in one of the CTS-V's that I had looked at. There are different levels for the kits. There are simulated aluminum like he has on the one pictured and there are also real materials. The one I saw had the real carbon fiber kit. It was thinner than the simulated ones. I have to admit, it actually looked pretty good. I barely noticed it at first looking through the window since it was still black.

Here is the link to the kits.

http://www.wooddash.com/item/CADILLAC_Dash_Kits_CTSV_2004_2

21 - 36 of 36 Posts