Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac Seville SLS
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys i bought a replacement knob for the heater control in the back seat i paid $30 for it a while back not to happy that a peice of plastic cost that much. But it keeps falling off! Is there anyway of putting it on without it falling off?

Thanks
-Not Wes

·
Registered
None for now ;)
208 Posts
seems that rear knobs falling on this car is a thing so i would guess stick some crazy glue in that sh*t xD

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sure there is, but without knowing how it is held on in the first place I'm clueless. Someone more familiar with it will chime in. Otherwise a picture would help.
Yep i'll take a photo tomorrow it seems that it interlocks with a metal piece that stick out of the center consle.

Thanks Ranger
-Not Wes

·
Registered
None for now ;)
208 Posts
if it just sticks into that metal piece that looks like a bar then just put glue and problem solved ive done this on toyota's, etc. with problems like this its a simple fix.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if it just sticks into that metal piece that looks like a bar then just put glue and problem solved ive done this on toyota's, etc. with problems like this its a simple fix.
Yep it is just don't wanna break that $30.00 piece of plastic or screw up my car.

Thanks
-Not Wes

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
If it's the typical knob falling off problem, either elmers glue or small piece of masking tape. That way you can remove it again. Just want something to snug it up a bit. Don't think I would use super glue(or at least not the good stuff).

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys i'll go ahead and fix it lately i'v been leaving it in the ashtray just so i don't loose that little sucker!

-Not Wes

·
Registered
'14 ATS Premium with 3 pedals | Past: '13 ATS Performance & '99 Seville STS
5,847 Posts
My Seville's knob is missing, just like many other used Sevilles! If you don't want to be one of us, use a very strong glue. This is apparently a design fault!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My Seville's knob is missing, just like many other used Sevilles! If you don't want to be one of us, use a very strong glue. This is apparently a design fault!
Yea when i bought the car it was missing so i hated seeing it missing so i bit the bullet and paid $30 for it. The dealer wanted me to replace the whole center peace and that would have cost me $160. Another piece that is missing is the inner wheel well plastic there's a nice chunk missing from it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts