Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V, Thunder Gray, Auto
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Road and Track just did a comparison test between the CTS-V and the 2010 Jaguar XFR (August 2009 issue). See it at:
http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=10&article_id=8146

My favorite quotes from the article:

"it's impressive that the Jag stays as close to the Caddy as it does."

"The CTS-V won every Performance category save fuel economy"

"... the CTS-V is the new super sedan king. And at a bargain price, we might add."

·
Registered
09 CTS-V
65 Posts
Road and Track just did a comparison test between the CTS-V and the 2010 Jaguar XFR (August 2009 issue). See it at:
http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=10&article_id=8146

My favorite quotes from the article:

"it's impressive that the Jag stays as close to the Caddy as it does."

"The CTS-V won every Performance category save fuel economy"

"... the CTS-V is the new super sedan king. And at a bargain price, we might add."
That looks like a paid advertising from jag.......:tisk:

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Great write up- thanks for posting.

Surprising to see another reviewer who didn't like the Recaro seats. That's several people now (including customers) who I've found that prefer the standard seat.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
557 Posts
I've ridden in a CTS with standard seats and my CTS-V with Recaro's, each have their purpose but I like my recaro's better. To each their own.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Great write up- thanks for posting.

Surprising to see another reviewer who didn't like the Recaro seats. That's several people now (including customers) who I've found that prefer the standard seat.
None of this subliminal crap, Tony. You will find me my V with Recaros...

·
Registered
Cadillac 2009 CTS-V Radiant Silver
867 Posts
I've ridden in a CTS with standard seats and my CTS-V with Recaro's, each have their purpose but I like my recaro's better. To each their own.

did you know that makes my Radiant Silver faster, because I have regular
seats, do not have to wait for the seats to blow up.

jags are for the euro snobs, I am a Norta Americano snob

V's are for real Americans, supporting America. But if someone from
some place else wants one, we will be proud to offer you a V2 and in that you help us Americans, thanks to all.

·
Registered
None
1,151 Posts

did you know that makes my Radiant Silver faster, because I have regular
seats, do not have to wait for the seats to blow up.

jags are for the euro snobs, I am a Norta Americano snob

V's are for real Americans, supporting America. But if someone from
some place else wants one, we will be proud to offer you a V2 and in that you help us Americans, thanks to all.
Do you have "euro snobs" on your keyboard hotlist or something? Can you not let a single post go by without you using this phrase?

Your attitude and ignorance (it's Norte Americano, not Norta) only exasperates the stereotype that we over here in the U.S. think we're better than everyone else.

I for one would like to remove myself from any association with you as you seem to keep embarrassing yourself over and over with your senseless and useless rantings that contribute nothing to our conversations.

Tony

·
Banned
2009 CTS-V Radiant Silver/Ebony Auto
144 Posts
Just went on the jag forum to see response- plenty of American POS and ugly comments- hope we stay away from these type of exchanges

Bottom line is to each his own- but you cannot deny the fact that $4000.00 on this car from one of our vendors puts 100 CHP/75RWHP AT LEAST on a car with handling characteristics that set the lap record at "some race track" in Germany

Tony thanks for representing CTS-V owners with class on that Jag forum- as opposed to some of our members who come off sounding like Rod Steigers crazy American general from the movie "Mars Attacks"

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
Great article. Once again, we win against a far more expensive car.

I have not seen a single negative review on this car yet. I mean, not even one. That's pretty remarkable for any car, let alone an American car.

The XF-R is STILL a hot car, though. So pretty to look at....so fast..... :drool: Their owners get a tip of the hat from me.

·
Registered
None
1,151 Posts
Just went on the jag forum to see response- plenty of American POS and ugly comments- hope we stay away from these type of exchanges

Bottom line is to each his own- but you cannot deny the fact that $4000.00 on this car from one of our vendors puts 100 CHP/75RWHP AT LEAST on a car with handling characteristics that set the lap record at "some race track" in Germany

Tony thanks for representing CTS-V owners with class on that Jag forum- as opposed to some of our members who come off sounding like Rod Steigers crazy American general from the movie "Mars Attacks"
I've found most of the members of the Jag forum to be very respectful of American cars, with a few exceptions. There are a lot of members there from the UK and other countries, but the number of American Jaguar owners are growing due to the popularity of the XF over here on this side of the ocean. I'm not sure how some of the old-timer Jaguar owners feel about a younger, more expressive crowd of owners now that Jaguar has been attracting a different kind of buyer. It can be interesting at times.

In general, I've noticed that the XF Forum members are older and sometimes more selective when complaining about their cars, bashing other brands, or just making asses of themselves like many other car forums I've belonged to in the past. It's a fairly agreeable and friendly crowd.

Having said all this, I have to say I've enjoyed being a member of this forum very much so far!!

Tony

·
Registered
Tuner car fanatic..there all good!
1,142 Posts
Relax Tony. It's part of the Forums entertainment value for some of us.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Do you have "euro snobs" on your keyboard hotlist or something? Can you not let a single post go by without you using this phrase?

Your attitude and ignorance (it's Norte Americano, not Norta) only exasperates the stereotype that we over here in the U.S. think we're better than everyone else.

I for one would like to remove myself from any association with you as you seem to keep embarrassing yourself over and over with your senseless and useless rantings that contribute nothing to our conversations.

Tony
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

not a bad idea, I suspect many will follow you.

Sorry to be a American in an Anti=American bunch.

I am proud to be for American steel, and BTW yes.. we are better....

What other country has sacrificed more since 1776 to try to keep the world free for democracy?

I am guilty. The others follow our lead and we spend billions and get nothing but hate in defending both sides....

Thanks for the separtation, your loss.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I understand and except how Skin thinned many are and usually just expect the stamping of feet and whining.
I did mention I am a Notre American snob, to level the playing field, but I guess the "a" instead of the " e" confused some

Happy 4th.... to all Whoops, that is an American...... sorry to those that take offense and feel different

·
Registered
09 CTS-V, Radiant silver, Loaded, Auto
455 Posts
Those who don't like the Recaro's are the one's that don't know how to adjust them right, or are so bloody fat, they simply don't fit in 'em. I wouldn't have mine any other way.

The Jag's interior is pretty sweet too, not much plastic visible.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
332 Posts
I've had both Americans and Euros. I never get a car based on where its from. I get the car for what it is. If its made in America, then God bless (suporting the US is always a good thing) and if its Euro, then cool too!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts