Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)
17,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This not a go to jail story but it is kinda funny.

I was at a light getting ready to make left hand turn. I rolled down the drivers side window and was looking out the window and started to rev the engine to hear the headers and the catless BB system and boy it sounded nice.

Now for the funny part, I just looked to the right and what do I see? It is a police car stopped right next to the V and the officer is looking right at me and shaking his head. Made me feel like an idiot but I laughed as I rolled away.

Think I will need to keep it cool when rolling through town, I'm guessing he will be watching for me now!

·
Registered
2010 Cadillac CTS-V
268 Posts
That's good. LOL

·
Registered
1996 Eldorado Sport Coupe, 2009 Black Navigator
5,032 Posts
You must really be in love with your car if you didn't see the fuss come up besides you. I would think you V-guys would always be on the look out.

·
Registered
17,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You must really be in love with your car if you didn't see the fuss come up besides you. I would think you V-guys would always be on the look out.
I think you meant "fuzz" but I am watching when moving but did not see the need while sitting at a light. Time to admire the V8 LSx at the lights. You know, stop and smell the roses and listen to the awesome rumble :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
I think you meant "fuzz" but I am watching when moving but did not see the need while sitting at a light. Time to admire the V8 LSx at the lights. You know, stop and smell the roses and listen to the awesome rumble :thumbsup:
You know that you have finally arrived when you can rack up vilolations sitting at a red light.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
I once pulled up to a cop car in my mother's 78 Buick Skylark and asked the cop if he wanted to race. He just laughed at me.

·
Registered
17,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I once pulled up to a cop car in my mother's 78 Buick Skylark and asked the cop if he wanted to race. He just laughed at me.
Funny I wished I had thought of that! :bouncy:

Probably a good thing I didn't the Police officer didn't seem to be in a joking mood.. Him - :thepan: - ME

·
Registered
05 maggied CTS-V, 2017 NSX Whoo Hoo!
8,810 Posts

No cats?

You mean stop and smell the exhaust! :thepan:

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V Infared, 2013ATS, 2016 ATSV
918 Posts
Speaking of the police beside you....The local Sheriff's dept just moved into the next bay to my business. Now all day my V is sitting with those serious looking cars. I'm watching to make sure I don't get door dings from them. Last week I found what could have been my own ticket book out in parking lot. When I returned it to them I asked if I'd be able to get a discount or season's pass. He just said, I wouldn't be getting "one of these" meaning tickets.
ie Here in Calgary, we have City Police. The Sheriffs are new to us, they patrol the highways. The guys look exactly like they went to the USA to get cars and clothes.

·
Registered
17,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Risky business here in California... where do you get your car serviced and how do you plan to pass smog?
I can swap the headers to the manifolds and the stock exhaust in probably about 4 hours now. Since I only need to do this once every 2 years and the firt time isn't for another four it's tolerable. The good news is my cats should work well when I do go in for smog, Sealed the manifolds!

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
That is kinda funny. Sounds like you have a Barney Fife in your town too. I guess they are everywhere. Atleast you weren't making his head lights disappear before the cherries came on.

·
Registered
'09 V BR 4dr 6spd,'05 C6R 1400+HP, '05 V BEST EVA!!
2,660 Posts
A few weeks back I had a cop behind me as I made a stop and then a right turn. About 100 yeards past the intersection he pulled up next to me and hand signaled me to put down my window, I figured I was going to get some type of ticket. He told me 'nice car' and asked me to to rev it, I did, he gave me the thumbs up and went on his way. Hopefully, he will remember me if he pulls me over in the future.

·
Registered
17,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have no cats and kinda' like the exhaust smell......reminds me of the high school muscle car days.

I pulled up next to a Scottsdale cop a couple of weeks ago and said "you wanna' race?" He laughed and said "not today."
I kind of like the smell too. I was thinking about putting the cats back on but everytime I drive the car I lean more toward leaving those POS's off my car.

I'm glad some have a good sense of humor. :bouncy:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts