Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK Gang, Here's the deal....."KILL STORIES" is possibly going away, Soon. It seems there is a problem with people and their warranty claims related to kill story forums. Sal knows more about it than I do. He let me know about it a day or so ago. So if we go away and till we go away keep on posting and enjoying the "KILL STORIES" and if I'm not still here I'll turn up somewhere else doing the same kind of nonsense I do here!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
remember when there were factory race cars with no warranty. Cars were sold knowing they were going to be used had drag racing and marketed them that way. Now dealers and manufacturers want nothing to do with you or your car after its sold.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, Kinda sad isn't it! They talk about performance and then snivel when they perform!

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Yes, this is ridiculous. Isn't it? Unfortunately, things are getting rough with online forums and illegal street racing.. Not only that but people love to start law suits these days.. People want to sue about anything and everything...

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
the thought of divorce and a vindictive ex makes me almost not want to get married :D

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HEY! Don't say that sh*t.....I'm getting hitched in March!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Do what other sites do with "street" forums. Password protect it for members only. And only give the password to established members (post count?), to ensure that someone isn't logging in looking for "evidence".

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Funny you should bring this up.
I was over at the local Nissan dealer this morning chewing ass on the service advisor that seems to have aproblem with young kids having nice cars.
My son has a '02 Sentra SE-R Spec V and took it in for a check engine light. He gets a call yesterday from this service advisor saying that the car needs a catalytic converter, and they aren't going to cover the part because they say it's been "bored". The guy goes on to tell me how he sees this "all the time" with kids that do this to get more power from the car. Now I love my kid but he ain't no mechanic, and I had threatened him with his life if he touched his car other than "simple" reversible mods since it's a lease car in MY name. He put graphics, and light bulbs and that kind of crap on it, but that's it. So naturally, the dealer thinks he's modding his car because he's a kid, and has made the car "look" like a street racer.
Long story short, I went there, looked at the converter (which had a chunk broken out of it), and then asked him (the advisor) how he figured my kid would be able to get the chunk broken out of the cat without making any other marks on the inside of the housing, or element itself. I mean it was a clean crack on all sides, no gouges in the element from a screwdriver or anything. And at the angle it was, it would be virtually impossible(the chunk was broken out all the way to one side). Plus, I was wondering what his explanation would be for why a kid would "gut" the cat (knowing that it would set a light and code), and then bring it to the dealer to be fixed. I mean DUH!
Like you said, dealers (even more so than manufacturers) don't like to stand behind performance cars, even when the manufacturer builds and markets the car SPECIFICALLY for the performance enthusiast! Drives me crazy.
And don't even get me started on my stories about Pontiac and my '92 Formula!!!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DEALERS, IDIOTS! Spelling's different, Name's the same.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I used to work for a Chrysler Dealer, I know the politics

·
Registered
1995 SLS 200K miles
372 Posts
I had to post this.. excuse me. I had a grandaugter on my lap reading and looking at pics. I told her this was a cadillac place for guys who like to go fast. She said.."you go fast Grampa" Do these men go fast too?" I said yes they do. She watched for a while and then I asked her about the pics on the leftside of the posts...

She said.."Newl is Kewl!"

ROFLMAO..ljk

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Look out Baby, 'Cause here I come! That kid must have good taste! LOL,

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
kcnewell said:
HEY! Don't say that sh*t.....I'm getting hitched in March!
BTW Congtats :banana: :cool:

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Dude!

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Eventually, we will have dealers here as members offering discounts and information on new and used cars that come into local dealerships.. That's where some problems can come in..

I was checking last night and I could manually give people access. For some reason, this sytem wont allow me to have users automatically upgraded to a new user-level by post-amount. It would be a lot of work to do this manually - especially when things get busy.

I'm going to talk with the software vendor and ask if this will be an option for the next version - which is due out very soon...

Sal

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I hope we can lure so employees from the hot rod cad companies in here :D Like MTS and Cad Company

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sal Collaziano said:
I was checking last night and I could manually give people access. For some reason, this sytem wont allow me to have users automatically upgraded to a new user-level by post-amount. It would be a lot of work to do this manually - especially when things get busy.

Sal
This is what I meant. PW protect the forum, and only give the pw to those that request it. AFTER they reach X number of posts - to be sure you have enthusiasts there and not "fact finders" logged into the site for that purpose..

It's not 100% foolproof - but what is? :D

Attachments

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
The next version of the software will have the ability to set it up so that once you've reached a certain amount of posts, you'll see it.. So..

What should that number be set at?

That's the big question.. It would have to be a pretty decent amount of posts...

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Maybe something like 200 so that only the most prolific users can access the forum. also serves to make it a pain in the ass to snoops and weiners!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
kcnewell said:
Maybe something like 200 so that only the most prolific users can access the forum. also serves to make it a pain in the ass to snoops and weiners!
Sound good to me I like the Idea

1 - 20 of 23 Posts