Cadillac Owners Forum banner
6K views 71 replies 27 participants last post by  Parker 
#1 ·
I raced a black ZO6 tonight that had just been broken in as it had 550 miles on the clock. We went from a 40-50 punch both times and the V pulled pretty hard on him especially since I had only 700psi in the bottles due to the cold and the heaters unhooked untill I run a new wire. The guys were a pretty cool bunch and complemented the Caddy as I did their ZO6, man what a beautiful machine!:thumbsup: I was so excited to see the V out it as much as it did.

#7 · (Edited)
I dream every night when I go to bed too..................:rolleyes: I've had 5 C5 & 2 C6 corvettes...the V can run with standard C5 but will get dusted by C5 Z06 & C6. I am awaiting my new Z as we speak which will widen the gap even farther. I think the V is the barometer by which all other performance sedans should be judged,that's why I bought one, but the corvette is a different animal altogether.

#13 ·
Staxxin said:
I think Parker is referring to a C6 Z06!
Then I would say chances are the Z06 either wasn't racing or had a driver who didn't know how to drive. Given the weight differences I would say that you would need about a 200HP shot to pull away from a Z06 and good luck on your engine internals.

It could have happened with a new Z06 - I just highly doubt it.

highly

#14 ·
I hate to call BS on anyone's posts. This one gives me pause but I know it is possible. From a dig we all know just about any CTS-V on the planet is toast vs. the Z06 with confirmed 12.0 second quarter mile times. But from a 50-60mph roll a HEAVILY modded V has a chance.

Remember you're up against 505 SAE HP not RWHP. There are V's out there right now making over 500 HP at the wheels. I believe Parker had talked about cai, headers, exhaust, heads, cam, tune and a 150 shot. I know I was making nearly 400 rwhp with all that minus the heads, cam and NO2. I can believe with all that a V could make north of 550rwhp.

550 in the V would be a handful. Right now I'm breaking traction power shifting from 3rd to 4th at 90mph and I don't even have the headers or my tune in.

#16 ·
You're right. Just looked up C&D, Automobile, Motor Trend and MPH. 11.6-11.9 seconds. 0-100mph in 8.7 seconds sweet geezus that's hauling. The V is around 11.4 secs.

#17 ·
CVP33 said:
You're right. Just looked up C&D, Automobile, Motor Trend and MPH. 11.6-11.9 seconds. 0-100mph in 8.7 seconds sweet geezus that's hauling. The V is around 11.4 secs.
The new Z06 is a complete monster and is an unbelievable bargain.

I am sure someone somewhere will build a V faster than a Z06. It may be Parker. All I am saying is that it will take a whole lot of work and good luck on the durability.

#18 ·
You're right about the durability factor. I've blown two half shafts and 3 differentials on 2 V's. Not to mention the clutch, pressure plate, slave cylinder, a number of miscellaneous bushings, etc.

There is a Z06 in my future in about a year of two. It was almost a Vette this year but decided to wait for the Z06. I want GMS pricing when they're eligible which will be about $59K. Much better than the $75K the dealers are getting now.

On another note I could get a loaded 2LT, 6 speed, '06, C6 with Z51 for around $41K or roughly $6,000 less than my CTS-V. Crazy ain't it?

#20 ·
MCaesar said:
The new Z06 is a complete monster and is an unbelievable bargain.

I am sure someone somewhere will build a V faster than a Z06. It may be Parker. All I am saying is that it will take a whole lot of work and good luck on the durability.
My neighbor (who has too much money) A-8, escallade,
pulls up on front of my house this afternoon with a brand new Z06. Silver. The car is a beauty! Actually for what it is, it was quiet. I did see a couple of butterflies in the exhaust pipes (look like Corsa). He says it sounds like straight pipes at wot..when they open. 335 30 19s in the back. Looks like steam rollers. Really nice, of course I was painting so I couldnt get a ride in it. Its actually a good thing I cant afford that car. I dont think I would survive in it.

#23 ·
2006 ZO6! We bullshitted in the parking lot for a good 30 mins, I showed him what I had done and he showed me his new toy, he had just put 550 miles on it and thought its time to race. It was cold and my heaters werent hooked up so my bottle pressure was low, but as stated that we went from 2 highway rolls roughly 40-50mph punches to 130 or more, I went through 2-4th spraying. Hey guys I make nearly 600rwhp on the bottle with my factory diff and stock clutch!!! Call bullshit all you want!

#24 ·
Parker,
Good job on the kill! Do you think you were pushing 600rwhp with the bottles at low pressure? I'm just trying to guage where I would stand against a C6 Z06.

Off topic:
I was on my way home from meeting "rgd". I had butterflies in my stomach waiting for my opportunity to see if I could smoke 1 of 3 shiny red vipers on hwy 84. Unfortunately, they turned left at a stop sign and I went for a different hwy. M5's are becoming too boring to play with. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.