Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on my way over to Circuit City this afternoon when this kid pulls up next to me at a redlight with this stereo blasting and his seat all leaned back so you could barely even see him. He starts revving at me and the light turns green and he hits it and as he takes off I notice he has an exhaust done to it but it was one of those kind of exhausts you would see on an import how it's pointing up and at an angle (it looked really stupid on the car) and he also had those stick on port holes like the Buicks have. Sp by the time I get on it he's about a car length ahead and once it downshifted I just went flying by him. At the next light I looked over at him and he was hitting his steering wheel and eventually turned off. I wish I knew what it was with people that as soon as they put an exhaust on their car they think it's a race car now

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Haha, nice. You should have gotten out and dropped the guy driving it for being such a disgrace to us Cadillac owners.

There's a Catera running around my town that I've always wanted to line up against. It's the kind with the "bar" type taillights, so it's gotta be like a 98-99. I'm pretty sure the 4.9 would own the 3.0. We make the same amount of HP, but the 4.9 makes like 80 more lb/ft of torque!

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha, nice. You should have gotten out and dropped the guy driving it for bringing such disrespect to us Cadillac owners.

There's a Catera running around my town that I've always wanted to line up against. It's the kind with the "bar" type taillights, so it's gotta be like a 98-99. I'm pretty sure the 4.9 would own the 3.0. We make the same amount of HP, but the 4.9 makes like 80 more lb/ft of torque!
As good old Carroll Shelby said, "Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races"

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Sweet. It's even more sweet considering the guy who owns that is one of those cocky 17 year olds who's always got like a bunch of friends around him. Having all those eyewitnesses will just make the loss that much more painful. Haha!

I remember looking up the 0-60 and 1/4 mile times for the Cateras....0-60 in the mid 8 second range (4.9 deville is low 8 second range) and the 1/4 mile is mid-high 16's (4.9L deVille is low-mid 16's) So it'll be close, but I should edge him out.

·
Registered
None :(
2,703 Posts
Ugh thats terrible :tard:

Cateras only have a little go after 65...maybe... but riced out ones should be shot.

·
Registered
1996 DeVille, 1985 Brougham SAGE GREEN!
2,750 Posts
The Cimarron was bad ass car. I would love to own a 5 speed. I am maybe one of a handful of people who like Cimarrons, but they just have something to them. I dont know what it is.

The Catera was a bullshit car. I drove a ton of them at the auction. Every one i drove(with no exception) was just a piece of dog shit. Horrible ergonomics. Horrible build quality. Just all around crap cars. Comparable to early-mid 90's Chryslers.

·
Registered
1979 Coupe Deville, 1995 FWB & 6 Other Non-Cadillacs.
759 Posts
It's funny, because Cadillac scared me again when they came out with the CTS. I thought the quality and design was gonna be another notch in Cadillacs unsuccessful small car belt. I'm proud to see that the CTS is a hit and Cadillac has finally produced a small car worth buying. When the Cimmarron/Catera came out it should have been badged by Buick or Oldsmobile and it probably would've been a hit. People expect a top of the line automobile when buying a Cadillac, and a rebadged Cavalier just wouldn't cut it.

·
Registered
435 Posts
i would just like to say that i am 18 and i own a catera and i love it and hate it at the same time. However that idiot who put a fart cannon on the back of his catera shouldve been beat...in more ways than one. I would never put anything like that on my car. Even if catera's are the bastard step son of cadillac, putting a fart cannon on one makes them the retarded bastard step son of cadillac.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts