Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
04 ctsv bone stock - except for removal of front snorkel piece
04 altima SE-R with exhaust and ???????

Had a rendevouz with a kid I have been waiting to see on the road (hes one of those people that boasts about how sick his ride is/how sick of a driver is ETC.) anyways. Pulled up to a left hand turn next to him, we were the first two at the light. We knew we were going for it. We slowly but agressively took the turn and I punched it, because he had the inside of the turn he was already about a car length ahead of me when I did punch it. By the time I hit 4th gear, I was about 4-5 lengths (6 total as I started behind him) ahead of him. Plus I had t/c on and my tires are bald run flats.

The after whooping up on this kid.......

Im driving back to my house, weaving in and out of traffic. I look in my rearview to see if I have any followers...and low and behold I see two xenons weaving back and forth. (thinking it was an integra or something) When he caught up I saw a HUGE front mount intercooler followed by a loud psshhh from his BOV. It was an old M3 turbocharged probably a 1997-1998 and it was yellow. Unfortunatly by the time he caught up, I was turning into the gas station, but he punched it next to me and HOLY SHIT :bomb: it sounded insane. Sounded extremely throatly beefy but just damn loud as hell like jet engine loud with the turbo and the BOV it was absolutley incredible. By the sound of it, and by the way he just took off when he hit it......it was probably a mid 12 second car. Ill let you guys know if I see him again, words dont describe how ill his car sounded. One of if not the best sounding car (other than exotics) that I have ever heard on the streets.

·
Registered
cts-v
146 Posts
the altima should have been no problem..when you kill the m3 let us know...
only joking nice kill those altimas can be pretty quick.good luck with the m!!

·
Registered
cts-v
146 Posts
the r altimas only run in the mid to high 14's,unless crazy mods have been done to get it in the 13's,but have'nt seen any yet?

·
Registered
104 Posts
those e55's dont play

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That turbo m3 i spoke of could take an e55 and walk all over it.

The altima definetly has mods, everytime I drive by the guys house hes out ther working on it...or his modded 350z.

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
04CTSVFLA said:
Than the M3 is faster than mid 12's. Here's the E55 spec's.

0-60 mph:4.3 sec
0-100 mph:9.9 sec
Quarter Mile:12.5 sec @ 116 mph

·
Registered
330 Posts
04CTSVFLA said:

The altima definetly has mods, everytime I drive by the guys house hes out ther working on it...or his modded 350z.
Really?

How can you say that when you never saw him run?

Do you know how fast an E55 is? An E55 will walk over any stock Cadillac

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
MCaesar said:
Really?

How can you say that when you never saw him run?

Do you know how fast an E55 is? An E55 will walk over any stock Cadillac
Exactly. The E55 AMG has ~520lb feet of torque. It would destroy any stock Caddy with considerable ease...

·
Registered
CTS-V
110 Posts
Why would you buy an Altima SE-R to tune? Isn't that package another $8k in order to get it to 260HP? There are quite a few other cars for $30k that would be better 'tinker' cars. I guess that is why he also has a 350Z...

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,018 Posts
04, the Altima must'a thought you were a CTS and had no idea what a V was. There's no way he'll beat you unless you completely F-up. There's thousand of the them on the roads been driven hard. It's not even a challenge.

·
Registered
none
864 Posts
Who said anything about the Cadi beating an E55?:hmm:
Altima, Please!!!! :histeric:
I'm surprised it took you to 4th gear to put only 4-6 cars on him. i DON'T CARE IF HE HAS MODS. If no turbo or nitrous how much HP can he be putting out? 300??

You said the turbo charged M sounded sick and it sounded better than some exotics. I bet the M did sound sick. But if your ever in the NYC area shoot me an email. You can hear my V. That V8 with headers, no cats and B&B exhaust intimidates everyone in sight. When I valet park the car I can here them start it up even when the car is quite far away. No to mention all the comments I get about how sick it sounds everytime I get gas or pull up to a 7/11 or some other store. A friend of mine from the local gym has a old school vette that he takes out on nice weekends. The other day he was getting out of his Lincoln Aviator as I pulled up next to him to park. He was like :bonkers: That sounds sick! I wouldn't race you with my vette if you pulled up to a light and I was sitting there. I would be afraid to lose!:histeric:

·
Registered
04 CTS-V R.I.P.
1,234 Posts
willsctsv said:
Altima, Please!!!! :histeric:
I'm surprised it took you to 4th gear to put only 4-6 cars on him. i DON'T CARE IF HE HAS MODS. If no turbo or nitrous how much HP can he be putting out? 300??

You said the turbo charged M sounded sick and it sounded better than some exotics. I bet the M did sound sick. But if your ever in the NYC area shoot me an email. You can hear my V. That V8 with headers, no cats and B&B exhaust intimidates everyone in sight. When I valet park the car I can here them start it up even when the car is quite far away. No to mention all the comments I get about how sick it sounds everytime I get gas or pull up to a 7/11 or some other store. A friend of mine from the local gym has a old school vette that he takes out on nice weekends. The other day he was getting out of his Lincoln Aviator as I pulled up next to him to park. He was like :bonkers: That sounds sick! I wouldn't race you with my vette if you pulled up to a light and I was sitting there. I would be afraid to lose!:histeric:
I have the same setup as you bb xpipe, bb longtube headers with no cats and resonators, stealth power tune except I have a Volant CAI. I must set off like 6 or 7 car alarms everyday LOL. The V sounds nice when you're in the car giving wot.....but, it sounds like a monster when it drives by you at wot....It's like a vette on steroids.

·
Registered
753 Posts
:histeric: I killed an Altima the other day. I got him by only one car length, but I was on my Trek mountain bike and the chain slipped during during one of my shifts. The Altima was heavily modded with limo tint, a JC Whitney wing, and a fart can. My bike has a playing card held in the spokes by a clothes pin. It sounds SICK! :histeric:

CR

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
willsctsv said:
I think it was his seemingly casual dismissal of the E55.

That is the kill that I'm waiting to get. However, as stated above, many (if not most) just don't play all that much.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Luna. said:
I think it was his seemingly casual dismissal of the E55.

That is the kill that I'm waiting to get. However, as stated above, many (if not most) just don't play all that much.
My cousin lives 4 doors down and he has an E55 but he won't race it either. If I am driving I bang on it but then there is no one to drive my car.

On our block we have a E55, CTS-V, and Charger SRT8 - all in the family.

When spring comes we are lining them up to see who wins. (Well, really for 2nd place)

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
in now way did i dismiss the e55 as a fast car. I know its fast, ive driven one, its about equally as fast as my dad's 04 porsche turbo cabriolet.....and im simply saying this m3 was fast as ****, and could take a e55, the turbo cabrio, and obviously my V and beat them. simple as that.

and i love how you all start to put words in my mouth...
did i ever say a V could beat a e55??? lol
and crowan way to be a total deustche bag to me AGAIN. do you go around looking for my posts to flame. get a life man.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts