Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I met up with my buddy for lunch today (at Joey's Tomato for th utmost deadliest waitress staff!!! <<< you west coast can. boys know what I'm talkin about!!). So we were making our way back to our offices and pulled up to a set of lights next to each other... He drives a Lincoln LS V8. We've never raced before either, so I gave him the signal to let him know its on... Off'd the traction/stability and stomped on it! Holly shit did I ever light up, that had to have been the best launch I've ever had in this car (now my 20's are off I get no more wheel hop), had him for half a car length in first, then slammed it into second and lit the ass up again to the point I was losing my back end and drifting out sideways! (the roads are damp from the melted snow mind you) I had to let off a bit to regain control, and slammed it in third and took him for all he's worth. HA! I couldn't belive how easily I raped his ass, had I got some better traction I probably would have had 3 car lengths on him! Arent these LS V8's supposed to be quick? I always thought he'd kick my ass from everytime I've ridden in that car. They seem like they've got some power, but apparently not enough punch to take a 3.6 CTS.

Then the topper; We pulled up to the next lights and I undid my window and said next time I'll start in first gear :)

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No V8 is really slow when put into a sedan. As for being gay, I think they were a pretty decent car when they came out. My buddy owns one of the largest o-ring, centering/hub ring and metal washer distribution companies in North America, his car must be cool! J/K I don't know why he hasn't traded it in yet, but I don't think its too far below our CTS'

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac CTS, 2008 Cadillac CTS
733 Posts
CTS V6 3.6 said:
Lincoln LS's are not only slow, they are gay. The CTS walks all over it.
:canttalk:
I find the Lincoln LS to be a nice looking ride. Walk all over - I don't think so.:tisk: Go to the lincoln versus cadillac web site and check out a few. I can't believe this site changed my link to their own.:tisk:

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,675 Posts
What year was the LS? If it was 03+, it'll run a 15.1 in the 1/4, not slow. There's a '02 V8 in the garage next to my V... I raced my dad with the V6 before, and the 3.6L is faster than the LS, but not by much.

One thing stupid about the LS is, you can never start in 1st gear. Even if you have the steptronic, the lowest you can go is 2nd gear. The only way to goto first, is start in 2nd gear, accelerate hard, it will downshift to 1st. That really hurts the acceleration times.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts