Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2005 ctsv
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everything I have heard about those things are that they are supposed to be pretty fast, plus you don't know what they got in them. I was getting to a toll booth on the Xpressway and we both got out at the same time. I hit it and to show him I was interested and to get over, I had to get off real quick. He followed. We both got off and merged onto Roosevelt road (for you Chicago guys) and he was right behind me. I hit it and so did he(from 2nd, RPMs around 3000). He started off behind and I pulled big time through 3rd and 4th. I think he let off when he was at least 10 car lengths. I slowed down to let him catch up and I gave :thumbsup: and he yells "what the hell is in the thing?, how much horse?. That thing kicks ass! Especially for a Caddy."
Was a good time.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,451 Posts
(just kidding about the graphics ... :D ) My buddy has an STI, and IT IS FAST! Plus, it's nice to hear of another driver who got whupped saying positive things ... good kill story :thumbsup: .

·
Registered
CTS-V
754 Posts
He must not have had the Carbon Fiber Pedal upgrade, you would have been toast then....

(Ok that was bad...............my other car has a carbon fiber hood)

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V (sold)
1,470 Posts
markbinkc said:
Make sure you do it from a roll-on, never a dead stop. Nice graphics.

Mark
Don't be afraid to race from a dead stop either. Most STI drivers don't dump their clutches at 5k. I've NEVER lost to a stock STI at the drags and I used to run [email protected] (not the V). Sure, they put about 3 car lengths on me in the beginning...but they only trap 101-102mph. So halfway down they track I had passed them and kept pulling at 3-4mph faster speeds to beat them by 2-3 car lengths.

·
Registered
Lemon Law'd '05 V
1,218 Posts
With VERY little work, STis can...I can't believe I'm adding to the streetracing/dragracing virus...run in the 12s at 108-110mph. From a dead stop, forget it unless you're committed to pushing past 100mph, 0-60mph is much easier to launch on the STi than the V. Even from a roll, they are no slouches. With the proliferation of modding in the Evo/STi world, I doubt many are box stock.
Nice job, though.

·
Registered
CTS-V
252 Posts
yeah, I raced a buddy of mine's STI the first night i had my V haha. I wasnt really planning on racing, and was cruising at 40 in 3rd, and he stepped on it, so i didnt bother downshifting and went for it and took him to 100 leading the entire way. they're not slow cars though, and it doesn't take a lot to make them pretty f'n quick

Ben

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
1,639 Posts
Cant speak for the STI, but I test drove a regular WRX when looking at cars a few months back. I thought it was slow as hell. No power at all until after I had it floored for 4 or 5 secs (yeah, it was an auto). Chose the CTS b/c it had twice the room (I'm 6'4"), and no cheesy plastic scoops or wings (damn ricers). I love this car and the only thing I think I'll ever trade it for is a V in about 4 years when I graduate from school.

·
Registered
2005 ctsv
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I never posted this but I also raced a buddy with an EVO. It was on the highway and I didn't think he was going to race. He pulled out from behind and hits it. I didn't expect it (but didn't want to be in too bad a gear) so I was in 4th. He hits it (we must have been doing about 60), I should have definately been in 3rd, and he starts pulling about next to me. As I was in the wrong gear I had plenty of RPMs to go. I just rode it out in 4th while he was shifting. Once the RPMs got into the useful range I started pulling on him (which by the way he never even got even) and I had him by several car lengths. If I was in the right gear it wouldn't have been close. He did have some mods, I think an intercooler and a computer tuner to change his boost and maybe some other little things. Those 4 bangers don't have the power to keep up at 100 and beyond.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.