Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats this i hear there's a kill story board? have to make so many posts to use it? im probably not even close!

is it a liability thing to hid it or what?

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Beats the hell out of me WHY it's that way but yeah, that's the way it is. After a certain number of posts, you get to "see" the "Kills" section. It was a very popular forum prior to establishing that restriction feature, and now it is one of the LEAST popular I think. Talk about a great way to kill a forum. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
9,575 Posts
Hi Dubya.. Yes, you hit the nail right on the head. It's a liability issue. There are a few reasons why you're seeing less and less 'kill-story' sections on car forums lately (corvetteforum.com, clublexus.com, etc).. I wont go into all of them but one of them is this.. A street-race was planned in a 'kill' forum and one of the people involved got hurt. When all was said and done, it was said that the illegal race was preconceived on the board - and if it weren't for a section specifically geared toward racing, the owner would not have been held liable. It was said that the two parties actually had the race to see who would have brag-rights in the community.

Whether the owner of the board won or lost that case, I don't know. But I do know it was a very long and expensive trial.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts