Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
ELDORADO ETS
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 Eldorado and when I bought it there was no keyless key fob. I purchased one after reading that it was a simple process to program it. Can anyone help?
:confused::confused:

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,403 Posts
I believe the fobs are learned by a GM/Cadillac dealership. Extra keys are learned according to the procedure in the owner's manual.

(but there's a difference between the VATS and PK3 systems ..........)

The Eldorado has two models - ETC with the 300 hp/3.71 final drive and ESC with 275 hp and the economy 3.11 final drive.

Welcome Aboard !!! :highfive:.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,249 Posts
I have a 1999 Eldorado and when I bought it there was no keyless key fob. I purchased one after reading that it was a simple process to program it. Can anyone help?
:confused::confused:
--------------------------
I purchased one after reading that it was a simple process to program it.
unfortunately -
the "simple process" is to take it to the dealer -
or an automotive locksmith -

1997 Eldo was the last year you could do-it-yourself -

·
Registered
2011 DTS Premium w/1SD | 1999 Deville Base (RIP @179K Miles)
403 Posts
The Eldorados never got the PK3 System. Since they were set to be discontinued, Cadillac never updated the key system.

For a new ignition key, measure the resistance pellet and buy the ignition key with the same pellet number. Then have it cut at your favorite locksmith.

·
Registered
1999 Eldorado
4 Posts
Finally got her, 1999 Eldorado ESC, 105,109 miles. Thanks to all you guys (and gals) for this very informative forum. I really checked her out, no oil leaks, no transmission leaks. Drove her from Baltimore, Maryland to Dumfries, Virginia and back to be sure. Got a good on THANKS TO YOU GUYS.
Got her Carfax history, she's had all her maintenance done at Lindsey Cadillac, Alexander, Virginia.
She even has the original owner manual (with a cadillac ink pen....HA!)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts