Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I have a keyless remote that does not work. It has not worked since I purchased the car used. I need some help troubleshooting the problem.

This is what I have done. First, I put a new battery in the transmitter, but the remote does not work. Second, I located the receiver and it is receiving 12V. However, the receiver's serial cable does not produce a voltage when the keyless remote buttons are pushed. I think the problem is in the transmitter or the receiver. Does anyone have some troubleshooting tips? Thank you.

Dale Stevenson

·
Registered
127 Posts
The programming procedure is: "Get into the car and go to the dealer." There is no way to program the transmitter to match up to the receiver without the use of a Tech II tool, which costs a few thousand $$$. The Catera is somewhat unique in that fashion. The dealer will charge you about $30 to either 1) program your remote so that it works, or 2) tell you the remote is bad. Good luck.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Or you can install an aftermarket alarm/remote start system yourself. I just did mine, though it's a pain in the butt, it's doable. Now, i can warm up my car during winter from inside the comforts of my house. And i don't need to second guess myself if i have locked the door after i have walked a few meters from my car because i can lock it from far away( i guess everyone here knows the range of the Catera's keyless remote ).

·
Registered
25 Posts
I went with an aftermarket alarm too. I think it is better once it is done no more programming problems.For remote start you will need extra key and module. If in the Southern Cal area I could point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem.. I went to the dealer and lo and behold, they showed me the problem immediately.. some of the connections inside the transmitter were broken and the transmitter had to be replaced... I swore I checked that though... ah well...

·
Registered
cts
16 Posts
The programming procedure is: "Get into the car and go to the dealer." There is no way to program the transmitter to match up to the receiver without the use of a Tech II tool, which costs a few thousand $$$. The Catera is somewhat unique in that fashion. The dealer will charge you about $30 to either 1) program your remote so that it works, or 2) tell you the remote is bad. Good luck.
My dealer wanted $300 to "diagnose" the problem

1 - 7 of 7 Posts