Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS4 DI
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 CTS4 3.6DI with the proximity key fobs and keyless ignition. I have the fake key switch mounted on the steering column. Over the past few weeks I have had the key switch get stuck In Accessory Mode while trying to turn it off. Fortunately the problem is intermittent and it has not gotten to the point that I can not eventually get the car to turn off (after beating the switch and steering column). I am afraid that this issue is going to be serious one day and I will be stranded or have to let my battery die.

I am reaching out to the group to see if anyone else is having this issue with the keyless ignition and/or if anyone knows what the part number is for the Keyless Ignition Lock Cylinder that I need to purchase. I took the steering column apart and everything seems relatively accessible and easy to repair, I am just having a heck of a time finding the correct part.

I really like the style of ignition the car has because it feels natural turning a key (switch) on the sire of the steering column compared to a push button start; but after this issue I realize the benefits of the button.

So, anyone with keyless ignition stories, advice, or part numbers please respond.

·
Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
4,339 Posts
Is this happening when the steering wheel is turned? I noticed one day I couldn't get the switch to move to start the car. It was not moving at all. I found the wheel lock was preventing it from turning. The pressure of the steering wheel against the lock mechanism prevented me from turning the switch. Maybe you are seeing something similar as you go to shut the car off.

·
Registered
2009 CTS4 DI
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply HurstGN! Unfortunately what you are describing is not the issue. I have experiences the pressure against the steering wheel lock in vehicles before and the symptoms are not the same. I park on level ground and my wheels straight. This is an issue specifically with the faulty ignition lock cylinder. GM knows about it and sent out Service Bulletins, however it was before I owned the car and before I started experiencing the issue.

I have found 1 used ignition on eBay, but I can only assume it will or does have the same issue as my current ignition. It comes with a 10 day warranty, however, my problem is so intermittent that 10 days it not long enough so I would need to purchase it new.

·
Registered
SOLD - 2010 CTS4 Premium Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere Interior
2,930 Posts
With the ignition failures GM has seen, I would contact them and ask for a courtesy replacement. They should step up to the plate for you!

·
Registered
CTS
1 Posts
I have the same problem on my 08 cts. Have you resolved the problem yet? I just took my car to the dealer yesterday for this. Let me know if you did. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts